Austin Babies

NBR Poll

Our 5 year wedding anniversary is coming up and I just ordered some wedding photos for our house today.  It's taken me so long because 1) I really, really don't like them and 2) my inlaws caused some drama at the wedding and it's taken me almost 5 years to be able to look at the pics and not think what went down.  But, now that it's done, I'm so glad we'll have some up in the house!  I was talking with a photographer friend who also hates her wedding pics and it got me wondering if it's just being picky, or if a lot of people don't care for the images from their special day.  I so wish I would have hired someone better and realized the importance of it.  So, did you like your wedding pics?  Do you have any hanging in your house?
[Poll]

Re: NBR Poll

• I absolutely love our wedding photos and have them hanging up all over in our house. Of course, I was also mentored by my wedding photographer and worked as an assistant for him for a couple years (and still do on occasion), so I think it goes without saying that I really like his style!
  • I do not really love the wedding photos done by the professional.  My favorite photos are ones our frirnds took.  We have them blown up and hanging around our house.  I really wished we would have hired a better photographer.
  • Loading the player...
  • our were done in a studio on our wedding afternoon. Bad hair, funny gold jewelery red paisley dress. oh boy.

we have one up, but never gave out any of the others. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got our engagement photos a week before the wedding and I immediately called the photog and asked him not to do my wedding.  They weren't what I was going for at all.  I asked a family friend to cover the wedding and he did a wonderful job.  They aren't as comprehensive as what I would have paid for, but they are gorgeous regardless. 

I have a couple in frames in the house.

• I Looooooooove our photos, like in love with them. We have several of them up in our home, along with engagement and bridal pictures by the same photographer. We had him come do newborn shots of DD as well an he looked at one and said "Did I take that? That's a really cool picture." It was hilarious.
  • I get so annoyed looking at my wedding pics (now that I have them -- took 5+ years to get them in the first place!)

My main issue is the pictures I didn't get.  And I know it is impossible to get *every* shot and it is hard to anticipate what the bride will be bothered by most, but really, none of me walking down the aisle with my Dad??   Or even better, at the bridal shoot I told him "I want this exact shot on the front of your brochure."  I thought he had me placed to get it, but didn't.

But yeah, he needed to work on being aware of his surroundings.  Like the series of shots of my DH and I outside the church annoy me b/c he placed us where our heads are in the shade, but our bottom halves are in the sun and my gown blown out.  We would have moved!  Or some where there was a work van right behind us that almost looks to be the subject of the picture.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Only have a couple of our engagement photos and a couple of my bridals printed and framed.  We (I) haven't sent our photographer the selects for our album yet (3+ years later...oops) so if it took us that long to narrow down to about 75-100 photos, it'll take us longer to pick our faves to be hung on the wall.  Also, I thought I'd want to have more wedding photos hung in our house, but I don't really want too many now.  Not that I don't LOVE them, because I do and they're gorgeous, but I feel weird putting pics of ourselves all over the house, you know?  I'd rather put some shots that we took on vacation up on the walls if anything.  Which reminds me, I'm only through day 2 of editing our Italy trip that we took in July... oops again.

ETA: I lied, I do have one generic shot framed in my guest room but it was the one my sister requested to put on her 'family wedding photos' table at her wedding last year.

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • The ones that the professional took sucked!  My ex-SIL was an aspiring photographer and volunteered to shoot the wedding, but I didn't want to impose.  I should have let her!  Her pics turned out great; I just wish she had taken more and we had paid her instead!  My other regret is not getting bridal portraits done, but we were on a really tight budget.  
  • every time we look at ours we are more and more disappointed. she really blew the lighting. it really bugs us now! and we paid a lot of $$!! we never did anything w/them, except make an album for our parents. :(
  • imagefjaril:

our were done in a studio on our wedding afternoon. Bad hair, funny gold jewelery red paisley dress. oh boy.

we have one up, but never gave out any of the others. 

I think this deserves a PIP! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We finally got our album from the pro this summer (after 4+ years of marriage - the delay was their fault, not ours).  We have one photo blown up pretty big - it's framed, but we haven't hung it yet.  I love that photo.  I also love our album and the pictures we got from them.  I wish we had a better relationship with them so I could ask them for more photos big.  But alas, they are NUTSO, I hate dealing with them, and DH and I have decided we are sucking it up and being happy with what we got, because we were worried for a while we wouldn't get anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate mine.

Hate. Them.
  • I don't really like our photos.  But there were two really awesome pictures...one of Jakob and one of DH and I dancing.  Those are framed and on the mantle.

But they didn't take a single photo of Jakob, DH and I.  What crappy photographer doesn't make sure to get a picture of the happy couple with their kid?  We completely spaced out on it, too, so I shouldn't blame the photog.  Luckily my uncle managed to get a good shot of Jakob with us as we were cutting the cake.

• I picked an amazing photographer and while the images are good. As a professional---I can tell she had an off day. I actually picked up on it based on her attitude at the wedding but we do have some amazing captures but I hired her for her arty style and she did the wedding more mainstream so super disappointing.
  • I love ours..they're all over the house. I did totally forget that we have a credit toward purchasing prints. I probably won't have anymore printed at this point.
  • A family friend took our photos for free. He is a hard-core amateur photographer with a nice camera and pretty good skills.

On our wedding night, he handed us a CD with all of the raw images. We also got digital images from three other people's cameras.

In less than a month, I had all of the photos edited and printed. Shortly after that, lots were hanging on the walls. I PPH my wedding photos. Many of the photos are of the "posed" rather than the candid variety, but that is what I wanted. My only cost was what I spent on prints on kodakgallery.com.

I'm very pleased with the end result, but my expectations were for smiles, for me and DH to look attractive, for the major events to be captured, and for the photos to be in focus.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not a fan of ours at all, though we have one 4x6 out. All the ones of various family members posing together at the church after the wedding are horrible and washed out. As for the others, for the most part, I tend to like the candid look, but there was maybe 1 of us looking at the camera. I think a mix of looking at the camera and not would've been so much better and more personal. They just weren't nearly as good as the ones she showed us in her sales presentation. We paid a lot too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love our photos, love my photog, but...there are no posed pics with just my Mom and me.  She's my best friend in the whole world, and it makes me sad.  So it's all I think about anymore when I think about our pics.
  • WOW, I am surprised how many of you don't like your pics!

I absolutely LOVE our pics... there are a lot of pics from the wedding (and engagement shoot---same photog) in our LR.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I love our pictures!  We got really lucky because the first photographer we hired ended up claiming bankruptcy before our wedding (and stealing our $1K deposit that I haven't gotten back to this day) but we ended up hiring a MUCH better photographer - it was a blessing in disguise.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love my photos but I haven't gotten around to hanging any in the house. We haven't been married a year yet.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"