Georgia Babies

Ahhh the North Ga Mtns

The apple houses are open, booming, and ready for all you city folk! And the weather...ahhh fall. Just in case you needed a weekend idea for your LO.?

Re: Ahhh the North Ga Mtns

• Sounds fun! Now if we didn't have to drive ... hahhaa
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • So where is a good place to actually GO?  I wouldn't know where to steer my car (I mean, can I just drive north on 400, since that's what I live off of??), but would love to take a drive and have a place to get out and let the boys play!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageUGAbride:
    So where is a good place to actually GO?? I wouldn't know where to steer my car (I mean, can I just drive north on 400, since that's what I live off of??), but would love to take a drive and have a place to get out and let the boys play!

?

?

?

Hmm well, since you are off 400 maybe Burt's Pumpkin Patch. ?Take 52 from 400 go thru old Dawsonville and follow signs to Amicalola Falls. Amicalola is an awesome state park: pond, falls, playground, picnic. And Burts is just across the road from there, Pumpkin patch & hay rides. We are more in Ellijay/Jasper area where the apple orchards are every few miles. As kep pointed out it is a haul! But a great day trip! Also Jasper is having Marble festival and there are plenty of parks around with lots of activities! ?

• I'm so jealous of you. I was in Clayton yesterday for work and wish I'd had time to just walk throught the woods, drinking cider and eating boiled peanuts. Or picking out a good pumpkin...or something else fun. I miss our friend's cabin they used to have up there and desperately wish we could live their and somehow still manage to do our jobs here in Atlanta.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another place to check out is Mercier Apple Orchard.  They have a fun store with cider and apple samples and tons of yummy stuff and toys.  You take a tractor ride out to the apple orchard and the rows are clearly marked as to the different types of apples.  You can also eat as much as you want while picking.  there are also a couple horses that you can pet and feed some apples.  It's just up 575 into blue ridge, Lots of fun.
  • I agree with all you ladies and also highway 136 from Ellijay to Jasper is just full of those pick apple places. Yummy deserts, hot drinks and I mean fall up here is crazy. Everyone is decked out with hay bales, scare crows, mums galore. It is very very welcoming!?
  • imageapriljensmith:
    I agree with all you ladies and also highway 136 from Ellijay to Jasper is just full of those pick apple places. Yummy deserts, hot drinks and I mean fall up here is crazy. Everyone is decked out with hay bales, scare crows, mums galore. It is very very welcoming! 

We LOVE that stretch!  Go up to Blue Ridge every fall to rent a cabin and drive up 400 and over.  Hit one or 2 orchards on the way or on the way back.  They have petting zoos, hayrides, and other fun stuff.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"