TTC After a Loss
Options

My first zucchini blossom!

I have always wanted a garden and I also want to eat/cook healthier.  So a few weeks ago I planted a garden that includes zucchini and carrots, as well as some flowers and an aloe vera plant.  Let me just say that the zucchini is making everyone else look like slackers.  And today I found it's very first blossom.  I'm so proud.  Send me all your recipes that include zucchini!

Re: My first zucchini blossom!

• Options

Oh man, look at you planting things as I'm sitting on my couch shivering. Yup, planting time is over here!

And I like zucchini bread. :) In fact, I have a bunch of zucchini in my fridge. Maybe I should make some bread!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Pretty!!! The blossoms are edible - you can use them to make a ravioli-type thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had frost 2 nights ago so needless to say our garden is done, but zucchini is delish is many things including cakes.  I do also enjoy twice baked zucchini.  You will need 1 smaller zucchini cut in half and hollowed out like a boat.  You then take the insides that you took out and grate it, I usually take another zucchini and grate some more.  Take the grated zucchini and fry it in some oil and gralic, onions and mushrooms.  Once cooked, add beated egg until egg is cooked.  Take this and fill the boats, add shredded cheese on top and bake.....Delicioso!
  • Options

I am totally proud of you. If you are my friend on FB you can check out my garden too =o)

You are SOOOOO lucky you live in CA, I just picked the last of my tom's today because we are going to have frost tonight =o( ... its only 43 degrees here right now. Yes MI sucks

C. Zucc can be frozen, I normally freeze some for use during the winter... but I guess being in CA that does not really matter huh?

BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • Options

Good for you!!

Our zucchini did very well this year. We love fried zucchini. I'll have to ask DH what he batters it in, and I'll let you know.

• Options
    Are you kidding ?? Stuff the blossom, batter it & eat it. I think they're better than the actual zucc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"