Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

anyone use opk as hpt?

Ok so I know it is silly and I'm really doing it just for fun, but I heard an opk can act as an hpt. Since I have the answer pack with 20 strips and they expire 30 days after using them I've been peeing on one since 6 dpo to see if it gets any darker. I'm trying to hold out unitl Sat. (11 dpo) to test. My cycles are really long and the op will be expired anyway by next o so why not have some fun peeing on things!

Re: anyone use opk as hpt?

• Options
    Oh at 6 dpo there was no 2nd line at all and now there is a light one-- if that means anything which it probably doesn't !
  • Options
    it can and has been done.  It has worked. (not for me, obviously. Smile) I usually do the same as you if I have left overs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
      Most women have trace amounts of lh in their system all the time, so there may be a line, but it only means something if it's positive.
  • Options
    I don't blame you for wanting to use them. I just had to pitch half a box because they were expired.  I know some of the ladies here have used them (successfully) as an indicator for pregnancy, though I have no idea how sensitive/accurate they are. GL!
    IUI #1 and #2 = BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN, no frosties

IVF #2 = BFP!! TWINS!!! Born 3/9/12

FET #1 = BFP!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took one today, at 8dpo and it was positive...I still feel like it would be too early to detect that much of a change in hormones, so not sure what's going on yet. I'm going to test on Sunday and see what happens. GL to yo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used them for the same reason that you are, because the Answer 20 pack expires in 30 days.  I was not KU though, so I can't really say how well they work.  I tend to always get a faint line on OPKs, but that is because LH is always present in your system, just in a lower concentration than during your pre-o surge.
  • Options

imageMrsBraun:
    I took one today, at 8dpo and it was positive...I still feel like it would be too early to detect that much of a change in hormones, so not sure what's going on yet. I'm going to test on Sunday and see what happens. GL to yo!

why does your ticker not link to your chart?  I want to see!

• Options

I have heard of this before so I don't want to crush anyone's hopes, but it didn't work for me. I actually wasn't taking the OPK intending for it to be a HPT.

I had spotting for so long (and one day with an hour of heavy-ish bleeding) that I was sure I was on to cycle 11 and I was actually testing for O. I used an OPK the day before and the day of my BFP and didn't get a line on my OPK. I then tested with a HPT on a whim to see if that is why I had the incessant spotting. Lo and behold it was a BFP.

Lost the baby though. . .so now I'm back at square one. Boo!

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options

so how would it work as an indicator of being ku?

Would a OPK show positive if a HPT showed positive?

Sometimes I get confused with the "science" of TTC:)

• Options

imageAnasara:

I think this answers me:) thanks

• Options
    imagejustinlovesme:

imageMrsBraun:

This seems like a sin on here, but I don't use FF..I record my OPK's, CM and cervical position daily but don't temp. I know that I can't write my O date in stone because I don't temp, but I can get a pretty good idea from my other sources :) Sorry to disappoint!

• Options
    After I got a BFP when I was pregnant with DS I tried it since I had a couple OPK's left.  It does work!
  • Options
    imagejustinlovesme:

imageMrsBraun:

Just noticed your chart doesn't have temps either...do you use FF without temping? Never really thought of doing it that way - thought I needed the temps recorded to make it worth my while..?

• Options
    imageMrsBraun:
    imagejustinlovesme:

imageMrsBraun:

Just noticed your chart doesn't have temps either...do you use FF without temping? Never really thought of doing it that way - thought I needed the temps recorded to make it worth my while..?

I have been using FF without temps for months.  May temp next month, but it does seem to give me a good idea/visual about my cycles.

• Options
    imagesynchrosally:
    imageMrsBraun:
    imagejustinlovesme:

imageMrsBraun:

I have been using FF without temps for months.  May temp next month, but it does seem to give me a good idea/visual about my cycles.

I feel a bit better now! Thanks Synch

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"