1st Trimester

I need someone to talk me through this

When Lobster and I first started dating, I found out that his most recent ex (who he was pretty serious with) was a L&D nurse at Hospital A. Which of course, is the hospital I always imagined I'd deliver at.

When I got my BFP I called a OB/GYN in another town (we're about halfway between both hospitals) so I could deliver at Hospital B. I thought it would just be weird if ex ended up being my nurse.

Now I'm having second thoughts.

At which of these two hospitals would you rather have a baby? I'd have to switch OB/GYNs but that's not a big deal unless I can't get an appointment at a new place.

Hospital A

Hospital B

[Poll]

Re: I need someone to talk me through this

• What is the reputation of Hospital B?  Is it just as good?
  • I think if you are more comfortable at the hospital where the ex works, just make sure the doctors know not to assign her to you. ?In the 4 days I was in the hospital when I had my son, I never had the same nurse twice, and neither did the baby, so your chances of being exposed to her during your stay are slim anyway.....unless it is a very small hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCTL2005:
    What is the reputation of Hospital B?  Is it just as good?

I have never heard anything bad about it, but I've also never known anyone who delivered there.

My mom had her gall bladder removed there, no problems.

• I think you should go where you feel most comfortable and not worry about an ex.  if you run into the situation where she is working when you are there to deliver then just request not to have her.  just a thought....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You really want to have your baby at hospital A so I say go there. The chances of her being your nurse are pretty slim. Also, look into making requests...sometimes if you go to head of nursing, you can quietly request that the ex not be your l&d nurse for "personal reasons". If they ask, just explain that she is your DH's ex and you would not be comfortable with it even though you are sure she would be totally professional. They generally are very accommodating. :-)
  • Oh my goodness!!! Are you in Greensboro??? I clicked on the links and I was like "I know these places!"  I live in Greensboro and I am going with Womens Hospital.
  • I would go to hospital A. This is the hospital you have always wanted to deliver at. Your having his baby she's not. If she shows up o well she can help bring you baby into the world.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image*2PsNaPod*:
    Oh my goodness!!! Are you in Greensboro??? I clicked on the links and I was like "I know these places!"  I live in Greensboro and I am going with Womens Hospital.

YGPM :)

• I should probably clarify, I have no problem with ex. She actually lives right behind us.

I just think it'd be weird to have her there at that moment.

I never thought of just asking for her to not be assigned to us.

• imagemarriedtomylobster:

I should probably clarify, I have no problem with ex. She actually lives right behind us.

I just think it'd be weird to have her there at that moment.

I never thought of just asking for her to not be assigned to us.

Yeah, probably not an ideal moment for anyone. ;-)

I think you're fine just making that request. Good luck!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"