Parenting
Options

WTF. How long should it take for an on-call dr to return a call?

I called a podiatrist practice about 1.5 hours ago b/c my toe has gone all numb and tingly like it's fallen asleep and I am really thinking that whatever the urgent care doctor did on Monday night just made it worse.?

The on-call podiatrist was supposed to call me back. ?I waited an hour. ?Called back to double check that the message was passed on. ?Receptionist said it was and now I'm still waiting. gah!!!?

Re: WTF. How long should it take for an on-call dr to return a call?

• Options
    I'd give it 30 more minutes but after that I'd go to the ER.  I hope you get some answers and relief.
  • Options

for the pedi an after hours call I expect them to call back within 15 minutes. when I worked that was how long our on-call docs had to call back. 

I'm guessing that a podiatrist isn't used to "emergencies".

this toe is sure giving you a lot of trouble, huh? 

Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we had to call my surgeon because I had an allergic reacation to steri strips, he called me back in ten minutes.

so yea over an hour is insane

• Options

Is it a Dr. you have seen before?

I wonder if they aren't calling you because you arent a patient, if you are their patient I would say that over an hour is more than enough time.

Good Luck! Sorry that your toe still hurts!

Reid 9-17-05 Grace 6-2-07 Owen 10-19-11
  • Options
    I'm assuming that you've not seen this provider before, so while it's crappy of them not to call you back, you're not an existing patient.  If they wanted to bring you on as a patient, they would have called quicker than that!!  Good luck w/your toe.
  • Options
    an hour, tops.
  • Options
    well, I guess they don't want me as a patient. ?Which is awesome for someone who just moved into the area 4 days ago. ?Awesome. ?never called me back. ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"