Multiples

expanding ute

Does it feel like cramps or more like twinges? Just trying not to freak out because I've had a lot of dull cramps lately and just want to make sure its ok before I call  my doctor..

Re: expanding ute

• Most of the pains I had early on were one-sided and felt more like an uncomfortable pulling or tightness compared to a cramp.

I actually had a couple of early ultrasounds because of one-sided pain.  If you're concerned, it wouldn't hurt to call!

• I don't know. I feel like I"ve had every type of twinge and cramp imaginable...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I had a combo of both at some points early on. I think mine was partly due to IVF--I had an enlarged left ovary post retrieval/ transfer that would make me feel crampy. The natural expanding/ making room for multiples felt more like twinges. Not sure if this contributed or not, but I did progesterone supps and injections for the first 9+ weeks which also gave me additional bloat/ discomfort for the 1st tri.

It never hurts to call and check in with your dr. They've heard everything, so if you feel it would ease your mind, I'd call.

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dull cramps started for me a few days ago, but it is a very different cramp than the period.  They seem to be more on the sides rather than the center of my ute and radiate down into my butt muscle and other places. I was seriously limping yesterday for a few hours.  I asked about that on Monday and my OB said that it was the ute stretching. 

I would call the doctor just in case though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had a little of everything - cramps, twinges, pinching, and charlie horses.  Sounds like what you're feeling is normal, but when in doubt, call your doctor. S/he will put your mind at ease.
  • imagelnle:
    I don't know. I feel like I"ve had every type of twinge and cramp imaginable...

THIS!!!  I have had tons of BH, painful cramps, one sided cramps, menstrual cramps, abdominal pain and what feels like intestinal cramps.  Some are dull and constant, and some are sharp.  So far nothing that would be considered regular intervals, or 'timeable', so I try not to stress.

If you ever get to the point where you are concerned, just call and let your Dr know whats going on.  And water, water water.  I thought I was drinking enough when I was only halfway there.  Now, I drink so much my pee is clear all the time.  (gross I know, but trying to prove a point)  I feel MUCH better when I'm drinking a ton of water.

ALSO - My OB told me to keep a "pain journal" of sorts.  Log the date and time of the pain/cramping, describe it, and put down what I was doing up to an hour before the cramping.  It's been pretty helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"