Success after IF
Options

Baby Gift question

My niece is turning 2 next week.  She's very imaginative and like to put things in order.

I was thinking of getting her a battery operated train set that has cranes and things to put in the train, etc.  However, I'm worried that it is too boyish.  She's pretty girly but I'm not sure if that's her or her parents.

What do you think?

Thanks ladies!

DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Baby Gift question

• Options
    I know that Katen would LOVE something like that but I don't know what her parents would think. Maybe include some fuzzy craft pom-poms and things like that to fill up the train's cars with??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As a parent I would be touched that you took the time to think of something my kid would really like based on his personality rather than his gender.  Go for it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm always the aunt that provides the nerdy or non-gender-stereotypical stuff for our nieces.  My SIL really appreciates it since 90% of their other gifts are princessy or otherwise super girly.  I feel like a lot of "girl toys" don't offer the same learning opportunities as "boy toys", but I am certainly not an expert :)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    I'd probably get her stuff on the creative side like tons of Crayola Beginnings stuff. 
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"