Adoption

Haven't been around much lately

HI all~I've kind of been MIA for about a month now.  We haven't had a call for a few weeks now for foster to adopt but in two weeks we received 5 calls and ended up saying no on all of them for one reason or another.  Our agency has called on us several non-foster to adopt cases as well as situations that were more than we can handle. 

We have been busy though as we are now in the process of building a house.  We're still hoping for a call soon and have talked about possibly switching to domestic adoption sometime next year if we don't have a foster to adopt placement 

Re: Haven't been around much lately

• Sorry to hear that the situations didn't work out for you all. I hope one comes through soon.

Have fun building the house! My mom and dad built the one I grew up in ... boy was that a project! I told my DH i'm not sure I wanna do that lol. GL

• I hope something comes up soon for you. It is good to know your limits.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to see you around, I've been looking at the pictures on your blog, your house is coming around so quickly!! 

I'm sorry that you're not receiving any placements at this time!  I noticed one of the FC they called about was for a heroin exposed baby, while reading that on your blog I realized I don't have an opinion / knowledge base on stuff like that. Looks like I have some researching to do! 

Hope you get a little one soon!

• nice to hear from you. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"