Baby Showers
Options

How many people??

My mom has sent me a baby shower list with 50 people on it! Do you think that is too many? This will be a co-ed family shower so the number could double if everyone brings a mate. I am sure some people will not be able to make it...but I still think that is potentially alot of people. WDYT?

Re: How many people??

• Options
    no, i don't think it's too many...as long as the where you're having it can fit that many people
  • Options
    i dont think thats too many people some people have larger familes where everyone will come others have smaller ones. plus if you invite friends the list can grow rapidly just make sure there will be enough room for everyone to sit; gather; eat; and talk
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For us, 59 were invited and only 19 so far are attending. That may go up 1 or 2 but that's about it. Depending on the time of year, people have other events. For ours, next weekend, there  apparently a bunch of weddings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My mom invited 70 to mine, and about 45 came, so I wouldn't worry too much as long as the venue can comfortably fit all those people and your host is okay with providing food for them all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I guess I am the only one who feels like it is a lot. I've never been to a shower with more than 20ish people. ?I invited about 15-20 people to each of mine but I am having 4 so it's hard to not duplicate if I invited more than that to each one.

?I think it all depends on where you are having it- as long as there is enough rooms and your host is ok with having a group that large then I would think invite as many as you want.??

• Options

I think its a lot especially if that is women only and expected to double!  I just think geez are you famous or something? 

Here in Louisville, most showers are small gatherings at people's homes.

I think I would kind of resent someone having an expensive event to ask for gifts.  I also think there are few people who have that many people they are actually close with and I think its tacky to ask people whom you are not close with to come to a gift giving party.  If you must include all these people, why not split into two showers?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think there were about 60 invited to mine. But many lived out of state. About 25 showed up.
    Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"