Austin Babies
Options

Another Flu Kid

Poor DSS has confirmed Type A flu.  :(

He's been coughing really bad since we got him Sunday night and said it was drainage.  At that time, DH and I were still under the impression that H1N1= GI issues, so we sent him off to school on Monday.  He's been on Mucinex DM since then so he didn't really have any more issues and no fever.  Tuesday morning he had a fever.  We took him to the Dr first thing this morning and sure enough, there it was.

She didn't prescribe Tamiflu bc she said it makes it harder for your body to fight off the virus next time, but she did give him Rx's for sinus congestion and coughing.

DH and I are both staying home to see if we get symptoms over the next 24 hours.  I will stay home w/ DSS tomorrow as well and DH will go to work, then we'll trade-off Friday.

My frustration is that the symptoms of H1N1 keep changing and depending on what Dr you ask, the most contagious time is either before the symptoms show or when it's full-on.  So frustrating!

There have been work issues with this as well, but until the dust settles I hate to put that out on the internet.

Re: Another Flu Kid

• Options

Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon.

I'm beginning to think that Tamiflu has a much larger placebo effect than actual curing power. It's power mostly lies in preventing further complications like Pneumonia and it usually shortens the illness by one day. It's been cracking me up for one previously diagnosed flu family member to come into the ER with another "newly sick" family member and say "I started feeling better after my 1st Dose!" Oh really...

Our doctors are advising patients that you're most contaigous in the first 48 hours of the more severe noticable symptoms when the viral load is the highest. It makes sense right? Lotso virus in your body = you feel worse = there's more of the virus in your mucous to spew onto others.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry - that sucks!!  Hopefully he feels better soon and you and your DH stay healthy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"