Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long are the cramps going to hang around?

I had a natural m/c on Sunday and I still have cramps.  They are much better and at times it feels more like my uterus is just sore from everything, but I am tired of it.  Whenever I start getting them (they come and go during the day) it's just a reminder of what happened and I don't want this reminder. I am also still bleeding, more like the middle of a period when the flow is just moderate, not heavy and not yet light.

So how long did you have cramps? And when did the bleeding finally stop?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long are the cramps going to hang around?

• Options

I'm so sorry you have to endure the cramps. It's adding insult to injury, isn't it? I hope it is over soon. But friends have told me the bleeding may persist for a couple of weeks. Ugh! 

Last Friday, I had what you could call the 'ideal miscarriage" (hooray for me--blah!) with very little pain, cramping, or bleeding. It was about a week of off/on spotting before we lost the baby. Then about two days of middle of your period bleeding. Today I'm just wearing a panty liner.

Still sucks though...

Soon to be a mom of 7! Guess who's in the market for a 12-passenger van!
  • Options

I had a natural miscarriage (at 6 weeks) that started last Tuesday.  On that day I passed a number of clots.  I had cramps every day until Saturday.  Saturday morning I woke up with really terrible cramps and in the afternoon passed some tissue.  Since then no cramps.  I also stopped bleeding yesterday morning (so almost 8 days of bleeding) and as of today have only very light brown spotting.

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I had my natural M/C, I cramped for a few weeks and the bleeding lasted as long as a period.
  • Options

I had spotting for about a week before my actual m/c.  I had the m/c on Sunday, so I guess I am still in for a week of cramping and bleeding Sad   Luckily, as soon as I start feeling the cramps I take a motrin and it kicks the pain.  I am trying to not to take too many, but I probably take one or two a day.  I am doing better emotionally though, so that's something good.  Now I just need my body to heal and feel better.   

• Options
    It really varies based on the person and the pg... i m/c at 8.5 wks, cramping lasted a full week at first, and bled/spotted 10 days total... then things were clear for a week, then cramping (much lighter) and spotting again for a week, and it's been on and off like that.  It's been a month since this all started.  I really really hope for you it's shorter.
  • Options

imageGlowingintheCity:
    It really varies based on the person and the pg... i m/c at 8.5 wks, cramping lasted a full week at first, and bled/spotted 10 days total... then things were clear for a week, then cramping (much lighter) and spotting again for a week, and it's been on and off like that.  It's been a month since this all started.  I really really hope for you it's shorter.

That's almost exactly how far along I was when I had the m/c.   I am hoping that it doesn't last that long for me too!! Hopefully things start to get better for you, that sounds awful!  I am sure it's been hard to move on and heal with your body still reminding you what happened. 

• Options

I had some pretty serious cramps for a week or so, the cramping started a few days before my actual m/c. I started to m/c naturally on 9/21. I am still bleeding, though not as heavy, I'm still passing tissue/clots, but less frequently. And it sucks. Sad

I'm so, so sorry for your loss! Big hugs to you!

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started to miscarry on Friday that night and into the wee hours were awful lots of cramps and clotting tissue  ect.  then on Saturday I had very little then sunday again with the cramps and passing tissue  only for the am.  then very little.  Today my flow was heaviest in AM then slowing up my cramps are more in AM I hoping my flow will stop soon, I go back to doctor on Monday, hope fully everything checks out okay.   I too am thankful that my body took care of it,  I am wanting the day that I feel normal again and not off the wall.  Some days are still better than others and I have to say better than not knowi ng what was going on with my body. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"