High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Type 1 Diabetics

Morning ladies! Been awhile since we had our "own" thread, just thought I'd start one.

If you care to share a bit about you:

Name

How long have you had T1?

Treatment: MDI, pump, etc.

How many weeks pg/when do you expect to deliver? CS/induction/etc.

How are you feeling? Diabetes, pregnancy in general, etc.

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Type 1 Diabetics

• Options

Name: Meghann

How long have you had T1? Since March 2000, I was just shy of 16yo, so 9.5 years.

Treatment: MDI, pump, etc. Using a Medtronic pump with Novolog and a CGMS sensor. Love love love it! Was MDI until the end of 2008.

How many weeks pg/when do you expect to deliver? CS/induction/etc. I am 29w on Saturday, will deliver by 39w hoping to go in to labor before then on my own, unless growth scans show baby is gonna be over 9#.

How are you feeling? Diabetes, pregnancy in general, etc. Having trouble with highs - just hit 3rd tri officially, and things are whacko!! Adjusted yesterday with my endo and still think I'll need more. For dinner I am at 2.5g/unit - just crazy to me!! Otherwise I feel great - *knock on wood!* Having weekly NST/BPP/OB visits til 37w then I do twice weekly until delivery, had the first ones yesterday and all went well.

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Name  Adrian

How long have you had T1?  Dec. 2004 (right after Christmas, spent New Years in the hospital :(

Treatment: MDI, pump, etc.  I just got the Animas Ping in April.  I love being on the pump!

How many weeks pg/when do you expect to deliver? CS/induction/etc.  I am not currently pregnant, but ttc #2.  With my DS I delivered via emergency c-section at 37 weeks due to pre-e

How are you feeling? Diabetes, pregnancy in general, etc.  I am feeling good.  Right now I am in the 2ww (only 3dpo) and hoping the time goes by fast!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good luck!! I was never TTC officially, but the 2WW is horrible... Baby dust to you!

• Options
    imagemeghann0409:

Good luck!! I was never TTC officially, but the 2WW is horrible... Baby dust to you!

Thanks!

I just noticed that you live in MN!  Where in MN are you from?  We live in Lakeville.

• Options
    imageSept17.05Bride:
    imagemeghann0409:

Thanks!

I just noticed that you live in MN!  Where in MN are you from?  We live in Lakeville.

Grew up in Minneapolis and Eagan (went to Burnsville High School) and now in St. Cloud. Small world!!

• Options

Name: Dionne

I found out I had T1 about 7 years ago on Valentines day.  I was real excited about a big box of chocolates I had received and then that news happened.  Needless to say I gave it away :)

I just got the Animas ping pump and I am doing my training and set up next Tuesday Oct 6th. I am very excited about it, I've heard great things about it!

I am not pregnant yet but TTC.  We just got married on August 14th and have been trying ever since.  We are very excited and hope it happens soon.  I am nervous about it though being T1 diabetic. 

I wish you all luck and safe pregnancys! :)

• Options

The pump will help a lot Dionne!! It makes adjustments SOO much easier... I love mine!! I don't think that T1 makes much of a difference in TTC - at least for me, we got pregnant without trying (natural family planning = natural babies!) so I feel like it must be more your family history and whatnot. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility - I used this "backwards" to not conceive, but without taking meds for it. The system works really well and you get to know your body very well!! I bough the software too - $60 I think for life - no online stuff included.

Good luck!! Yaay babies! :)

• Options

Hi Ladies! 

Name: Erin

How long have you had T1? 1 year :(  Found out 12 weeks postpartum with my first son....at 33 years old!  I was beyond shocked and crushed...still gets me upset to talk about!

Treatment: shots only.  However, been able to have excellent control. with injections and my A1C's have been 5.4-5.5 all pregnancy....after this I feel like I can do anything with diabetes!

How many weeks pg/when do you expect to deliver? Right now my Dr. has me scheduled for an induction at 39 weeks, 3 days...but my first son was big due to the fact both myself and my husband are tall...so it's a wait and see game at this time!

How are you feeling? Diabetes, pregnancy in general, etc.  Feeling horrendous--m/s and gerd, diabetes is a *** ;) , and pregnancy in general is an amazing blessing...no matter how hard it is, it is always worth it!  I wish all of you luck in getting pregnant if you are trying, and the rest of you wonderful pregnancies!!

• Options

Name: Anna

How long have you had T1? 20 years, I was diagnosed when I was 6

Treatment: MDI, pump, etc.: Insulin *pump

How many weeks pg/when do you expect to deliver? CS/induction/etc.: Still TTC but find that having a support group before the fact is invaluable and I have learned so much about what to expect

How are you feeling? Diabetes, pregnancy in general, etc.: Last A1C was 7, but my b/s have been very controlled and in the range of 90-120.  I got the green light to TTC 2 months ago and have been keeping very tight control.

I wish you all healthy and comfortable pregnancies.  Hopefully I can join you soon!

• Options
    imageSept17.05Bride:

How are you feeling? Diabetes, pregnancy in general, etc.  I am feeling good.  Right now I am in the 2ww (only 3dpo) and hoping the time goes by fast!

I am in the 2WW too!  I am trying to hold out on testing as long as I can and keeping my fingers crossed.  Baby dust to you!

• Options
    imageddigel:

Name: Dionne

I found out I had T1 about 7 years ago on Valentines day.  I was real excited about a big box of chocolates I had received and then that news happened.  Needless to say I gave it away :)

I just got the Animas ping pump and I am doing my training and set up next Tuesday Oct 6th. I am very excited about it, I've heard great things about it!

I am not pregnant yet but TTC.  We just got married on August 14th and have been trying ever since.  We are very excited and hope it happens soon.  I am nervous about it though being T1 diabetic. 

I wish you all luck and safe pregnancys! :)

I am sure you will love your Animas Ping pump!  I got mine in April (first time on a pump) and I think it is great!  

Being T1 doesn't mean that it will take a while ttc.  I got pregnant with my DS my first cycle off of bcp.  Good luck!

• Options
    imageannamarymoon:
    imageSept17.05Bride:

I am in the 2WW too!  I am trying to hold out on testing as long as I can and keeping my fingers crossed.  Baby dust to you!

Thanks!  I say that I will try to hold off on testing, but I have a hard time resisting when the time actually comes!  I am sending you lots of baby dust, good luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"