Washington Babies
Options

To Buy or Not to Buy

Since Seattle weather can vary drastically from year to year, would it be wise to snatch up a baby snowsuit while possible? I keep hearing it's going to be a tough winter again and after last year I don't want to be caught off guard with an infant and not have something super warm and water resistant. So to buy or not to buy a snowsuit?

Re: To Buy or Not to Buy

• Options
    Buy. You can always resell it on Craigslist next winter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    For a newborn in the winter I wouldn't (& didn't) do a snowsuit.  We had a fleece one piece with hood, from Nordstroms.  It was great for in the carseat, not bulky but warm.  Carter's sells similar, little bear ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had one of the Carter's bear fleece buntings for Jillian.  Worked perfectly for going out on a cold day.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options
    My baby was a January baby, and there was still snow around then. The problem with snowsuits I think is getting them into carseats. Really I didn't need one despite getting a few from friends for my showers. I just ended up layering and carrying her out with a blanket over her entire body. It worked great for rain too.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

Not to Buy.

A baby doesn't need a snowsuit.  He's not playing in the snow.  You're not going to leave him outside to get snowed on.  He needs warm clothes and blankets and hats. 

Plus, you really aren't supposed to put them in a car seat with a snowsuit on - too much puffy clothes make the car seat straps not fit as well, and for a squishy newborn, it's not safe. 

So unless you're going to try to go jogging outside all winter in th esnow with a baby in a stroller getting snowed on, skip it.

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I just wasn't sure if it would really be a practical purchase or not. You answered my question and I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"