High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily GD Meal Template? ? ?

Does anyone have a template or know where I can find one to record the types of meals I eat and the results after?

I have the GD mini log book but I wanted to guage what meals work with my levels and what meals don't so I wanted to record what I eat and what times daily.

Was just wondering if anyone could find a template online (I'm having a problem finding anything)

Thanks

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daily GD Meal Template? ? ?

• I just made my own spreadsheet using tables in Word, made a bunch of copies, and keep them in a 3 ring binder.  My nutritionist told me a specific number of carbs/veggies/proteins to eat at each meal & snack, so I just made a table for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.  Everyday I record what I ate and what time, that way I can be sure that I ate enough of each type of food and can refer back if my glucose level was or was not ideal.
  • I've never had success finding anything either. Ask your OB/Endo next time you go in, or call if it will be a while. They will have a Food Log for you to use...

Otherwise one of these might work for you or give you ideas: https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS253US253&q=diabetic+food+log

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I made one in excel, I was also on insulin so I had to track that as well.

If you want me to send you a copy pm me your email address

Date   Fasting Breakfast Lunch Dinner Snacks
    Monday Sugar          
      Insulin         Bedtime
    Ketone Food          
    Negative            0
    Tuesday Sugar          
      Insulin         Bedtime
    Ketone Food          

Wednesday  Sugar          
      Insulin         Bedtime
    Ketone Food          

Thursday Sugar          
      Insulin         Bedtime
    Ketone Food          

Friday Sugar          
      Insulin         Bedtime
    Ketone Food          

Saturday Sugar          
      Insulin         Bedtime
    Ketone Food          

Sunday Sugar          
      Insulin         Bedtime
    Ketone Food          

• I made an Excel document to plan my meals for the week.  If you want a copy go ahead and PM me your email address and I can send it to you.  It is how I keep track of what I am going to eat for the upcoming week and then it helps me to remember what I actaully ate when I test my blood.
  • wow -you ladies are good.. i didnt do anything. i do write it in a notebook but that's about it.
  • I use www.thedailyplate.com to track the food I eat. It calculates carbs, fat, protein for you. I used it before I got pregnant too. Although, I think now it's linked with www.livestrong.com  If you're interested you can go to the section called My Plate or something similar to add in the foods you ate. You can also then extract it to excel with all the nutritional info.
  • www.sparkpeople.com has a good food diary that you can use to track carbs, protein and calories, and it is really easy to use.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"