Breastfeeding

Pumping output question

I mainly pump for DD because we have been having issues with her eating enough at the breast.  However, the last time we had a before/after weight check, she ate 2 ounces! (Usually it is less than one).  Also, she seems to be more content during and after feedings lately so I think she is getting better at it. 

Last night, I went to pump after she ate and didn't even get .5oz.  Usually after this feeding, I will still get at least 1.5oz.  Does this mean she is eating more at the breast?  Does it work like that or was this just a fluke?  Am I getting excited over nothing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pumping output question

• She could be eating more or you could have just had less milk at that time.  It sounds like you are doing well if she is content after a feeding though.  It's the best feeling :)

My DD is 5 months old and I mainly bf, but when I'm not around I pump.  She is eating 5oz bottles right now and sometimes it seems like she needs even more, but I doubt she is getting that much from my breast.  I just feed her until she isn't interested.  There is really no way of knowing how much they are getting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BFP#3 12/09/12 - EDD 8/11/2013 - D&C @ 12w :: BFP #4 2/17/14 - EDD 10/28/2014 - M/C @ 6w

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"