High-Risk Pregnancy

GD? Can your BG get BETTER closer to the end?

Over the past few weeks my BG have been slowly creaping up, which I remember my dietician stating that as the placenta gets bigger that can happen.  But the past 3-4 days my BG's have been really really good and I haven't had a high one- even had a cookie with lunch today!! 

Can this happen- that toward the end that your BG gets better??

Re: GD? Can your BG get BETTER closer to the end?

• My OB said that this can be a sign of the placenta breaking down - when do you see them next?
    ~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just in yesterday and had a BPP and NST.  The placenta looked normal, per the U/S tech, on the BPP.  But I was wondering the same thing ?
  • Loading the player...
  • If all looks good, I wouldn't worry about it - but I hate that! Lol, just when I get used to things... :)
    ~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeghann0409:
    My OB said that this can be a sign of the placenta breaking down - when do you see them next?

I have never heard this, but now I am scared.  For the past two weeks my numbers have been so much easier to control. I can actually skip my insulin for Breakfast now.  I am going to ask my doctor about this at my BPP/NST tomorrow.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagerebeccaontherocks:

imagemeghann0409:
    My OB said that this can be a sign of the placenta breaking down - when do you see them next?

I have never heard this, but now I am scared.  For the past two weeks my numbers have been so much easier to control. I can actually skip my insulin for Breakfast now.  I am going to ask my doctor about this at my BPP/NST tomorrow.

Oh, sweetie, I didn't mean to make you worry!! Breaking down doesn't mean that it's not functioning or anything. I am assuming you still feel the lil goober as normal - yes, ask tomorrow, but that is just what I was told - this is my first pregnancy so I have no "real life" experience. Please, try not to worry!!

• imagemeghann0409:
    imagerebeccaontherocks:

imagemeghann0409:

Oh, sweetie, I didn't mean to make you worry!! Breaking down doesn't mean that it's not functioning or anything. I am assuming you still feel the lil goober as normal - yes, ask tomorrow, but that is just what I was told - this is my first pregnancy so I have no "real life" experience. Please, try not to worry!!

It's okay, at this point I am worried about everything because my induction is scheduled for next Tuesday night, and it scares me :(

Thanks for calling my baby a "lil goober" it totally made me laugh!  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • According to my doctors for GD/diabetics patients it is normal for BG to start going down around/after 36 weeks.

For me it started to happen at 28 weeks and my need for insulin started to go down at 30 weeks. My doctors didn't worry as long as my NST/BPP was normal. 

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"