High-Risk Pregnancy

New to the board

I'm just wanted to see if there are any girls here with autoimmune disorders.

My rheumatologist thinks I might have lupus but for sure I have psoriatic arthritis, hypothyroid, and previous back surgeries that make me high risk.  I have been seeing an OB, dermatologist, and rheumatologist during my pregnancy.    

Anyone have anything similar?  I'm visiting the high risk OB very soon and want to know what questions to ask.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to the board

• While I do not normally have an autoimmune disorder I do carry a gentic trait that could be a precurser to lupus that comes up when I am pregnant. This is my 3rd baby. My 2nd pregnancy since the discovery. I am high-risk due to this. At around 18 weeks, I will have to have weekly alternating appts with OB and perinatalogist to have sonos to monitor babies heart for a possible fetal heart block (a condition that babies can get when moms have this) We did this with DD#2 as well.. We were very lucky with DD#2 and she is perfectly healthy. God willing this one will be also. 
  • Yeah, I just hit 20 weeks and we're going to move to the alternating visits with more frequent ultrasounds to monitor growth.  It's nice to know that someone else out there has similar risks as me. Thanks for replying!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope all goes well for you and your LO. Let me know if you have any questions. Maybe I can answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"