Stay at Home Moms

Getting Dressed

Hi Ladies, question for you.  Do you get dressed every day, even on the days you know you're not going out of the house?

DH travels a lot so there are some days I don't see anyone but my DD.  I don't get dressed everyday. I shower at night after DD has gone to sleep so sometimes I just go from one pair of jammy's to another.  I am wondering if it's effecting my productivity and if getting dressed would make me feel more motivated? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting Dressed

• Yes, I do.. but in comfy, cute clothes.  I don't like wearing jeans at home so I put on comfy pants that fit and a fitted shirt always.  I always do my hair and makeup too
  • I try to. Some days I don't change out of pj's until right before dh gets home.  lol
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You may have an idea there...I don't always get dressed and now that I'm thinking about it I get more done on the days I do get dressed....interesting theory.
  • I only get dressed/do my hair/put on makeup if we're leaving the house.  Otherwise I wear yoga pants/tshirts etc., and give my skin a break.  I don't think it effects my productivity, because I'm a lot more productive when I'm comfortable!  
  • Whether or not it will effect your productivity is hard for me to say, but I get dressed every day no  matter what.  I have no real reason why I do, other than that's what I've been doing for the past 28+ years.  My wardrobe consists of jeans and shirts/sweaters/tanks depending on the season, but I don't wear yoga pants or anything like that.

I didn't' pay too close attention to your baby ticker, but she seems like a newborn, so I wouldn't worry too much about being productive just yet.  Making it through the feedings, diaper changes and making a meal for yourself *gasp* is accomplishment enough!

• I shower and do my hair every morning, and always get dressed whether I'm going out or not.  I've noticed, with myself, that I feel better about myself, and am more productive when I look decent.  If I don't I just feel blah and then nothing gets done.
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
    Today, I didn't take a shower and get dressed until 2:15. However, I was up until after midnight last night working and then felt horrible after getting up too early this morning.

I try to get up, shower, and dress every day, but it doesn't always happen. Also, if cleaning bathrooms is on my to-do list for today (or just lots of cleaning in general) I won't shower right away. I hate getting dressed and fixing my hair just to clean and feel yucky again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"