High-Risk Pregnancy

One hour glucose = fail

Yay....*sigh* so now I do the three hour friday, I'm so excited I could scream.
Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: One hour glucose = fail

• ENJOY........the test really wasnt that bad.  It just sucks if you do end up having GD or at least I think so.
  • Do you know what constitutes as failing?   My bs at the end of the 1 hour was 193. So i'm wondering now what the parameters are for the 3 hour.
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetwh2006:
    Do you know what constitutes as failing?   My bs at the end of the 1 hour was 193. So i'm wondering now what the parameters are for the 3 hour.

I just had this phone call w/my doctor's office because I have to go for the 3-hour.  They said that if you fail two of portions the 3-hour test (including your urine sample, there are 4 portions), then you fail the test.  For me, failing would be any level over 140.  I don't know if it's different for others.  My bs after my second 1 hour a week after I went off Metformin was 163, which is a fail and now I have to have the 3 hour.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just did the three hour this morning.  I had read so many bad things about it, but it really wasn't that bad.  Not the best, but certainly not the worst thing.  My doc. said I failed the one hour because I was over 135.  My number was 152.  I didn't have to do a urine sample today. First draw when I first arrived and then three after that on the hour. 
  • I failed my 1-hour test yesterday so badly that they're not doing the 3-hour test.  I'm automatically diagnosed w/GD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"