Cincinnati Babies
Options

Nap strike advice, please!

Allison has been on strike for a week now, and it's driving me crazy.  She'll scream for 15 minutes, I'll check on her, and she'll continue screaming.  I'm not the type to let her scream all afternoon, so I've been laying down next to the crib after about 15 minutes.  That works about half the time, but I have to lie on the floor for about 20 minutes until she falls asleep.  The other half of the time she just jumps around her crib and throws stuff at me for an hour until I eventually give up.  I know she still needs a nap, though, because she's obviously tired and will fall asleep as soon as I put her in the car.  I really don't want to get into the habit of napping in the car, though.  Any advice?  Please tell me this is temporary!

Re: Nap strike advice, please!

• Options
    I've been battling with a similar situation for a few weeks now too.  Grif has been missing naps at least 3 days a week and the other days he has been going down for a nap really late, like 4.  If I put him in the crib when he is not ready, he will play in there for an hour if I let him.  I really don't think he is ready to drop his naps, since he is way over-tired at bedtime when he does miss the nap.  Missing naps has really messed with our schedule.  The nights when he has missed a nap usually go somewhat like this:  down at 8 pm and up at 9am or LATER!  I shouldn't complain since he is getting all the sleep he needs, but it is killing me during the day to deal with him not napping.  We also deal with car napping too.  Usually if he falls asleep in the car, he will continue the nap in the bed once we are home, but I don't want to drive around just so he will nap.  I don't have any advice, but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this battle. 
    Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Unfortunately I cannot tell you that this is temporary, Isabelle stopped taking naps at 2 years old.  The only thing I can tell you is that we now put her to bed earlier & she sleeps later b/c of it.  The only way I could get Isabelle to nap was laying down next to her but when she would go to my sisters while I was at work that didn't work for her so we just gave up on naps completely.

Michelle

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For us, it was temporary.  Niko had a nap strike at that age.  I did stay in the room with him, from what I remember.  If it makes you feel better, he still takes 2.5 hr naps now and he is 3 yrs old :)
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"