Blended Families

Anyone want to help me plan a party?

I am going to host a second shower for my friend at my house.  (I would have posted this on my main board but she has been back on The Nest, er...Bump lately so I do not want her to see the post.  So, my house is a not great for entertaining so we (DH and I) are asking her DH for a list of invites and trying to keep it to about 15 people.  I am thinking I will probably make baked ziti, swedish meatballs in the crock pot, sausage peppers and onions (actually will need my Mom to do that one) and maybe little sandwiches or 6 inch subs and cut them up into slices or maybe I will make pulled pork in another crockpot.

Thoughts or any other suggestions?  I know not everyone thinks that second showers are ok but it will be small and I want to do something nice for my friend.  Oh, I am thinking of asking people to use a baby book instead of a card, they can address it the way you would a card - my friend loves books for the kids and this would help make a personalized collection.  Oh, and she is not finding out the sex.

So come on ladies...and Mike, lol - help me!

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Anyone want to help me plan a party?

• That seems like a lot of food for such a small group...
  • imageCUNDICELLI:
    That seems like a lot of food for such a small group...
      Maybe I can drop the sausage peppers and onions.
  • Loading the player...
  • How about dropping the sausage and adding a nice cheese and fruit tray?
  • BAAAAD idea to read this post while hungry and already craving pizza....
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • I could do fruit and cheese.

Any other ideas of what would be cute but not too much?  Man I wish she knew if it was a boy or a girl, lol - can't she just have them tell me;)

• imagepita2405:
    BAAAAD idea to read this post while hungry and already craving pizza....

DITTO THIS!  Must go find a snack...stat!

Sounds like a lot of fun!  I think its sweet of you to throw her a shower.  I think the fruit/cheese tray is a good idea.  Some Mock-tails for people to drink might be cute too, you could do some pink and some blue.  That's kinda cutesy though and I don't really do cutesy...

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • With my son, my wonderful coworkers asked how I was going to decorate the nursery and then used coordinating shower decorations that I could take home and use..

They got about 50 wooden stars and painted them, then hung them from the ceiling using fishing line or something clear. It was really sweet of them and nice to be able to take them home and use them.

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I had to go find this one, but came across this super awesome idea for a second shower on another board. "Although I declined when my BFF asked to thow me a shower, I got one anyways. But she made my suprise shower a "casserole shower" so everyone brought a casserole for my freezer or a giftcard for food. Something I can actually use and it was fun to celebrate this baby too. It was also a much smaller shower than my first one. "

Otherwise, I'll be back later to try to add some feedback and steal ideas. I'm planning DH a small surprise party here soon. I've already stolen the swedish meatballs and added them to my list. Maybe I'll scrap the wrap tray and substitute a tray of ziti too, hmmmm.Thanks!

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • imageMrsHK:

But she made my suprise shower a "casserole shower" so everyone brought a casserole for my freezer or a giftcard for food. Something I can actually use and it was fun to celebrate this baby too.  "

This is such a great idea! I love the one about making a craft project for the baby. Everyone could pitch in on a no sew blanket. Do you have any games planned? My favorite game we played at my shower was super easy.Get  2 bowls and put cotton balls in one & the leave the other one empty.  Blindfolded we had to take a spoon & try to scoop the cotton balls from one bowl to the other. It was great because they are so light you really can't tell if you are actually scooping any! It was funny to watch.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejpowell3:
    imageMrsHK:

But she made my suprise shower a "casserole shower" so everyone brought a casserole for my freezer or a giftcard for food. Something I can actually use and it was fun to celebrate this baby too.  "

This is such a great idea! I love the one about making a craft project for the baby. Everyone could pitch in on a no sew blanket. Do you have any games planned? My favorite game we played at my shower was super easy.Get  2 bowls and put cotton balls in one & the leave the other one empty.  Blindfolded we had to take a spoon & try to scoop the cotton balls from one bowl to the other. It was great because they are so light you really can't tell if you are actually scooping any! It was funny to watch.

I don't know if we would have time for a no-sew blanket and I do not know the people that well (some I would not even know their name if I saw them) so it might be weird) but along those lines, I think I will get a cute book and have everyone sign it - not sure if I should do it for the Mom or the baby.  People can leave a message.  She is into scrapbooking so I think she would love that.

• Oops, it's me Littlejen22.  I am posting under a AE on my other board so that I could ask shower questions and not have her recognize me!
  • I have a no fail recipe for you, this one is so easy and always gets rave reviews and there is never any left over! Get spinach or sun dried tomato tortilla wraps, spread some cheese spread (I use Alouette) in it, few pieces of turkey, little swiss cheese, little bit of lettuce and roll it up tightly. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or so and then slice them up into bite size pieces. Yum!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"