Washington Babies

not trying to be a post whore, but... (mattress)

Does anyone have a memory foam mattress?  Good or sucky?
T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.

Re: not trying to be a post whore, but... (mattress)

• During the second half of my pregnancy, I preferred my mattress over my husband. 

We got a Simmons Nxg advanced memory foam mattress in March after trying and disliking the Tempuredic. It's about $5K, but we got it for less at Macy's, and it was worth every penny.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We had a memory foam topper that we bought from Costco on our old bed. I loved it. That bed is now in our guest bedroom and when people stay the night they say it is really comfy.

We bought a Tempur-Pedic little over a year ago. The first few weeks it was a little stiff, but after that it has been a-mazing! We have the "rhapsody", I wanted to get the "celebrity" (it has an extra pillow top layer of memory foam), but TJ didn't want to spend the extra money.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a Temperpedic and love it - I'd recommend airing it out in your garage for a few weeks though before using it if you get one and letting it warm up before you use it or it's really stiff (like PP said). Otherwise, since the initial adjustment, we love it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have had a memory foam mattress for about four years. Overall it's been awesome, but you need to watch out about getting moisture on the bed. I'm not talking about spilling a glass of water, but even when you sweat in your sleep if you don't have some sort of mattress pad on it it will ruin the mattresses. As in, the memory foam won't bounce back and you will have two human size indentions in the mattress with a big bump in the middle. Not very conducive to snuggling!!!! No one told us so we have the dents, but it's still MUCH more comfortable than any other bed I've slept in. Our mattress was about 5K in the store, but we talked them down to 3K (ALWAYS negotiate - they are always willing to cut a great deal).

Good luck shopping!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"