North Carolina Babies

rolling in sleep question

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but my search function doesn't work so I'm asking again.

We just took DD out of her sleep positioner because she can roll both ways now. I often go in and check on her and find her face down (turned ever so slightly to the side) and on her belly sound asleep. Is this cause for concern? We don't have anything in her crib except the sheet she's on. I've been flipping her to her back, but she just rolls right back to her side or belly. Her nose is usually about half clear and she's usually sucking on her soothie..thoughts?

Re: rolling in sleep question

• No one's search works :)

If she can roll both ways on her own, then I wouldn't worry about it.  I mean, there's really not much you can do.  And pacis have been shown to help reduce the risk of SIDS, so that can give you some peace of mind.  Eli used to sleep face first in his mattress too no matter what I did.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsmikey:

No one's search works :)

If she can roll both ways on her own, then I wouldn't worry about it.  I mean, there's really not much you can do.  And pacis have been shown to help reduce the risk of SIDS, so that can give you some peace of mind.  Eli used to sleep face first in his mattress too no matter what I did.

Agreed.  Not much you can do about it once they start rolling on their own.  Since she can go both ways, she should be fine.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • at least she is not waking herself up screaming...this was us for about a month.  I think your LO is ok. 
  • DD is doing the same thing.  I'm not worried, b/c she is really strong on her tummy (she loves being propped on her arms on her belly) so I know she is strong enough to adjust herself if she needs to.

I was more worried b/c combined w/ belly sleeping, she was moving around the entire crib and wedging her face hard against the fluffy bumper.  So, we put in a breatheable bumper the next night, so I feel pretty good now about her sleep situation.  =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"