Indiana Babies

Cooking poll

Hope it's not too lame.  We got to do something while Lauren is gone! 

1. How many nights a week do you cook/ eat in?

2. Do you cook or does DH or do you share?

3. Favorite cookbook and/or cooking show?

4. How do you organize your recipes (notecards, binder, book, all online?)

5. Favorite home cooked meal for you or DH?

Re: Cooking poll

• 1. Sun through Thursday.  Friday is pizza night and Saturday we go out or carry out.

2.I do all of the cooking and I like it that way!

3. My crockpot cookbooks get the most use and my other go to is the Cooking Illustrated https://www.cooksillustrated.com/bookstore/detail.asp?PID=265 book.  I just don't have time to do many of their recipes anymore.

I like so many food network shows, probably Rachel Ray's show is where I've gotten the most ideas.

4. I have a binder with sleeves that slip pages into.  I can tape note cards onto sheets, so it works well with different sized recipe formats.

5. My favorite is BBQ Chicken with Mac and Cheese.  For Matt, it's any Beef Stew, although his favorite is the one I make with beer.

• 1. we eat out about 1/week - the rest of the time we cook (usually I cook since I get home earlier, and I enjoy it)

2. see above - pre-Andrew we shared, post-Andrew I usually cook since I get home early

3. I don't watch cooking shows.  I love Fix It and Forget It for crockpot recipes.  Most of the other recipes I get online - usually from Allrecipes.com or Annie's Eats.

4. Binder - by type.  I use a 3-ring since I usually print recipes off from online.  I also have a recipe box for notecards for those times that friends/family give me a notecard.

5. One of my favorites is chicken tortilla soup in the crockpot.  I also love Parmesan crusted pork chops, taco salad, baked salmon (various recipes).  I have too many favorites to list them all, though.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many nights a week do you cook/ eat in? 
        Probably only 2-ish, but I work during dinner time 3 days a week.

I cook. DH grills.

I use allrecipes.com a lot.

I have a cookbook binder, but I'm not very good at actually using it.

baked salmon

• 1.  Most nights - I would say 5-6 a week.

2.  I usually do the cooking unless we're grilling out.  Since we'll be grilling less often, I'll probably be cooking more (or trying to find good crock pot recipes!).

3.  I have a couple of cookbooks I use a lot.  The one from my church has great recipes and a family cookbook from my friend's family has fabulous recipes also.  I'm going to be buying Pioneer Woman's cookbook for my mom and MIL for Christmas and put it on my wishlist.  Favorite cooking show - probably Paula Deen (good comfort food). I also love the website Tasty Kitchen.  I have found quite a few recipes there lately that I can't wait to try!

4.  I have tabs on my most used recipes in cookbooks, then I have a notecard organizer that I use when I find something in a magazine, online or elsewhere and I don't have time to cut it out and/or print.

5.  Hmm....DH loves my lasagna, but my favorite is probably fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fried apples and homemade biscuits with fresh apple butter.  It's by far my favorite meal and I plan to ask my mom for it when we go down there in a few weeks! :)  Pure comfort food for me.

when we have the boys for the week, i cook every night, so 7 nights. when we don't have the boys, i'll cook 2 or 3 nights and then we eat leftovers the rest of the week

i do most of the times. he does the grilling

i don't have a fave cookbook, but i just might have to get that crock pot book that kathy mentioned. hmmm, it's been a while since i've watched foodnetwork, probably rachel for ideas.

i have a very unorganized recipe box. i tab things online to print. i just bought a binder over the weekend to start putting my printed recipes in.

steak, baked potato and a salad. quick, easy and delish.

• 1. We eat in 6/7 nights or so.

2. I do all the meal planning and 95% of the cooking, and DH does all the cleanup.

3. I'm loving Vegetarian Times recipes right now, just because they're largely stuff I haven't made before.

4. I keep my cookbooks in alphabetical order by title because I am a massive nerd. But I also write all over them, and post-it flag anything I absolutely love. Any recipes that I pick up from magazines, online, or from family and friends get written on cards and stored in a recipe box, with notes in the top right corner about where they're from and when, and then whatever changes I made and prefer written in the recipe.

5. I'm back on a white foods only diet until my stomach resettles, so right now I'd kill for anything with some tomato, pepper, or any seasoning, really!

Mother's Day, 2011
  • 1. How many nights a week do you cook/ eat in? Usually Sun-Thurs I cook.  We either go out on Fri/Sat, grab something, or do something easy like frozen pizza or burgers on the grill.

2. Do you cook or does DH or do you share? He grills a lot, but I do most of the cooking. He's on dish duty most nights (though I help too)

3. Favorite cookbook and/or cooking show? Love Giada and Ina Garten!  I also love my cooking blogs: Annie's Eats & PW cooks are some of my favs.

4. How do you organize your recipes (notecards, binder, book, all online?) It varies...I have a bunch of cookbooks and a binder of recipes I have printed, tried and liked.  I keep a bunch starred in my google reader too for quick access.

5. Favorite home cooked meal for you or DH? Hmmm, tough question.  I love dirty risotto and pasta with marscapone cheese sauce for comfort foods. Other than that, I can't say I have a "favorite" but I love trying new recipes!!

• 1. How many nights a week do you cook/ eat in?fresh homemade dinner -- ~2-3x per weekleftovers -- the rest of the nights  (we rarely eat out, maybe once a week at most) bfast/lunch -- pack every day 2. Do you cook or does DH or do you share? switch off, but mostly cook together when we're home at the same time (rare)3. Favorite cookbook and/or cooking show?  n/a ... don't use too many cookbooks & we don't have cable. I use blogs for new recipes. I feel like PW is no-fail for recipes.4. How do you organize your recipes (notecards, binder, book, all online?)  horribly.  I have recipes from my mom typed into word docs on my computer ... other than that, I star recipes I want to try in my Google Reader ... and a stash of printed-off recipes in a kitchen drawer.5. Favorite home cooked meal for you or DH? DH loves Giada's parm-crusted pork.  I love chicken kiev + pasta roni noodles (gourmet, I know) + veggies. It changes though ... I think I'm just craving that at the moment.
    Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

I cook Sunday-Wednesday nights.  DH is out-of-town every thursday night, so my brother & I get takeout.  DH & I have been going home to work on our house most weekends, and we eat out or my mom cooks.

I cook & DH cleans up.

I love Ina Garten & Martha 

I have handwritten recipe cards for all of my grandmas' and mom's recipes, and I have my blog for my own recipes.

My favorite meal is my grandma's southern california tacos (they are fast, easy, and so good!).  DH loves when I go all out and make fancy stuff like prime rib roast or whole roast chicken, with mashed potatoes and roasted veggies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"