Georgia Babies

Would you buy a used child carrier?

Like a Bjorn or Moby?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you buy a used child carrier?

• Yes. If they look good and clean. Less risk from a safety stand point. I believe they highly recommend not purchasing used car seats because it has greater safety risk.
  • Yep! I did...I have a Bjorn-type carrier and a hotsling that I got used (for VERY good prices). As long as they are clean and/or I can clean them myself, it doesn't matter to me....a lot of my stuff is second hand....SNG included....
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, all of our carriers are used.  I have put them all in the washing machine and then hung to dry and they were fine.  I just look at them online or at the store so that you know what they latest models look like.  I made the mistake of buying an older Bjorn at a consignment sale and it had these really annoying snaps instead of the nicer clips that they have now and are so much easier.  I was only out $10 so it wasn't a biggie.  People sell these things constantly though and I couldn't stand to pay full price.  There's a website for just this-buying and selling.  Someone will post it, I can't remember.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yes I have a used Bjorn. It was in good shape and a great price!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes!  I bought my used Bjorn from Julie!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yep! I got my bjorn for $5.00 at the Junior League Thrift Store.
  • imageJoelsGirl07:
    Yep! I did...I have a Bjorn-type carrier and a hotsling that I got used (for VERY good prices). As long as they are clean and/or I can clean them myself, it doesn't matter to me....a lot of my stuff is second hand....SNG included....

What is SNG?  I can't figure it out.    

• Yes, you save alot of $$ that way.  Just make sure the seams are not ripped and stitching looks in good shape.  Esp a moby, its just a big piece of fabric.
  • imageMLvK:

imageJoelsGirl07:
    Yep! I did...I have a Bjorn-type carrier and a hotsling that I got used (for VERY good prices). As long as they are clean and/or I can clean them myself, it doesn't matter to me....a lot of my stuff is second hand....SNG included....

What is SNG?  I can't figure it out.    

SNG = Snap 'n Go....technically not a carrier, but I was just putting that out there...I also have a used swing...things are so much cheaper if you buy them used.....

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Yes, we bought our ergo from Christie and DS absolutely loves it.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • I think we used our carrier twice - once at a GTech football game and once in FL on vacation, so if it is gently used, I would.  Our daughter was not of fan of it, so you might not want to spend the money on a new one unless you know they will like it.
  • Ally you can buy mine if you want. $35 for a baby bjorn active barely used. It has extra back support.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"