Blended Families

Minor BM vent

I guess the whole thing wasn't a big deal, I'm just more annoyed at BM with the overall situation. DH picked up SS yesterday afternoon and they were trying to talk through some things again. DH simply asked her at some point why they can't get along like they used to? (Until the last few months they had very few disagreements, ever) She said they got along fine until I came into the picture. What? How is this my fault? DH and I were dating BEFORE ss was born! It's not like I'm some new phase in his life! And to be fair, her and her bf were together before ss was born as well, so it's not like she should suddenly have an issue with that. Well, they were sort of together. He was still living with his actualy gf at the time, but he stayed the night at her place sometimes too, so that has to count towards something as "being together" right? lol BM is just one of these people if you EVER try to say that something couldbe even partially her fault she comes back with "Well yeah, but..." Everything is always someone elses fault. Like how it's DHs fault she hasn't finished school yet (it's hard to finish when you keep dropping out) and doesn't have a full time job (again, hard to get one when you don't apply). Before ss was even a year old I was picking him up from her house by myself and she had no problem with it. Now all of a sudden I'm the problem here. DH is finally agreeing that this has a lot to do with me being pregnant and not much more. He tried to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was just coincidence this all started the morning after she found out I was pregnant. I didn't buy it. She pulled a bunch of crap (jaw dropping crap, really) in the weeks before our wedding, and that's why I didn't buy it. Sorry, just needed to vent that!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Minor BM vent

• Lame! BM does this too, although she's the one who likes to randomly ask why she and my DH can't get along anymore...ummm she's the reason they don't get along, DH would like nothing more than to have a semi peaceful situation to deal with, but that is not the way BM works. Oh and it's also all my fault. She told me once that I  broke up her family. I can see how it would appear that way...I mean DH had filed for divorce 6 months prior to me meeting him and BM had left him for another man while he was deployed, then when DH and I did meet, BM had already left the state (illegally with SD!) to go live with a different man that she was engaged to and pregnant by. So clearly, I broke up her family. LOL!
  • Oh yeah! Totally your fault...lol

PS Glad you followed my post, I realize nowit doesn't make the most sense!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you sure we aren't dealing with the same BM??? Lol...to BM i am the reason that her and DH didn't get back together, I don't know how she expected that to happen when she kicked him out and moved 2 hours away and wouldn't talk to him and fought him all the time for him to see SD! She hates me b/c he never married her, he never settled down with her and he did with me. I doubt she will ever get over it and it's easier to blame me than it is to blame him since she still gets all googly eyed everytime she sees him lol.

Good luck honey and all i can say is roll with the punches b/c you know more are coming and it's never worth it to react b/c then she uses that against him too lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"