Blended Families

and two steps back...

This is no surprise really. I was expecting it.  She's not going to change overnight.

SD broke up with her boyfriend of a whole two weeks so she is again without a phone.  (how she gets these boyfriends to give her phones or their phone...I don't know.)  So she called DH yesterday and asked him for $500 because that's what AT&T is saying she needs to set up an account.

Obviously DH told her no, that's a ridiculous price to pay for phone service and she should keep shopping.

I know it's not nice to laugh, but it's all I can do at this point. $500?? Seriously?   You can start a plan for less than $200.  DH also offered her his old phone which is in great condition for free. All she would have to do is pay to set the service up. She refused. I guess she doesn't want a phone bad enough then and I guess we'll be selling DH's phone on ebay. 

And of course DH is a horrible dad for saying no to her ridiculous requests for large sums of money. 

Re: and two steps back...

• I TOOOOOOTALLY back you guys up on this. If she is old enough to have a cell phone, she is old enough to save up and buy one herself. She probably thought her life would be over if she couldn't get an iPhone. Which, if that's the case, she better get going on the paper route, raking leaves, baby-sitting, and whatever. Hahaha.
  • I love the way she tries....she just picks any old number $500 - yea like that grows on trees.  What a loon.  Stay strong!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • The next time she asks for money (or anything else ridiculos for that matter) you should just ask her "Why should I do this?" I'd love to hear her response. Or better yet, call her up & ask her if she will pay your car payment. When she says no then whine about how you have supported her all these years & she needs to "be a good daughter" and help out. I wonder if that would shut her up??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFloF9:
    I love the way she tries....she just picks any old number $500 - yea like that grows on trees.  What a loon.  Stay strong!!!
    This.
  • If her credit is that poor, they might require an advance payment/deposit of that much.  BM once told us it was going to take her $800 to start up with Verizon, which is why she did the pay-as-you-go local city only phones.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imageJ&A2008:
    If her credit is that poor, they might require an advance payment/deposit of that much.  BM once told us it was going to take her $800 to start up with Verizon, which is why she did the pay-as-you-go local city only phones.

Very true. This happened to me after my first stunt w cc's didnt go so well.

• Ugh, sorry.  I was worried that you were too excited when she got a car - I hate watching her guilt your DH all the time.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imagejpowell3:
    The next time she asks for money (or anything else ridiculos for that matter) you should just ask her "Why should I do this?" I'd love to hear her response. Or better yet, call her up & ask her if she will pay your car payment. When she says no then whine about how you have supported her all these years & she needs to "be a good daughter" and help out. I wonder if that would shut her up??

This is awesome, I love it.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I can already tell you her answer jpowell.

"You're my dad. You OWE ME!"  And then she'd go into how we got this or that and how if we can afford to have a baby, we can afford to give her $$$.

It's not worth asking her those questions because it only feeds her drama and its.  Her bpd doesn't allow her to reason like you or me. 

Credit?  She can't possibly have bad credit.  No credit maybe, but not certainly bad credit. Even so, I still find it hard to believe with a basic phone, or a free one from her dad that it would cost her $500.  I dunno. Never had that problem.

By the way...she has a phone.  She text me today with her number.  She probably used her saved car money.  Oh well.  

I don't even get upset about these things anymore. It's not worth even trying to reason with her.  I just shake my head, laugh a little and move on...it's all I can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"