Pregnant after 35

First OB appt

I got to meet my new OB today.  My former GYN retired -- she had been my GYN since college!  This new OB is in the same office, so everything else stays the same, including the same nurse practitioner, whom I love. 

The nurse used a doppler to listen to my baby's HB.  She found it as soon as she put that wand on my belly.  The HB is beating strong in the 170s. 

My OB also told me that b/c of my medical history that I would have to see her and get an U/S every two weeks up to week 24.  At first the thought of seeing my baby and getting reassurance every two weeks sounded really cool, but then I started thinking that maybe every two weeks will get old soon.  Oh, well.  We'll see how it goes. 

I was going to wait until after 1st tri screen to tell my mom.  My aunt had a baby with Down's; she terminated the PG.  But, my OB told me that Down's is not hereditary, that it all depends on each woman's eggs.  So, that made me feel more confident that I will have a healthy baby, and the strong HB makes me feel that m/c is less likely now.  I am now struggling with whether to tell my mom now or wait until Oct. 13 when I have my 1st tri screen.    

Re: First OB appt

• That is wonderful news! I had two early previous losses, so by OB saw me every two weeks until I reached 11 weeks and then gave me the option to see him two or four weeks it was my decision. It made it so much easier to be able to see the baby every two weeks it made me less nervous about the pregnancy.

I told my mom and sister right away, I would of needed them regardless. It is up to you but I know she would be thrilled.

I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

• I waited for the screen to tell my family and friends, but that was because I've had six losses.  I couldn't relax myself until the screen, and having people ask me lots of pregnancy questions, or congratulate me, just would have felt too weird.  Everyone's different, though!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"