Pregnant after 35

I'm 17 weeks and I'm feeling movement

My 1st m/c was 12 years ago and I was 17 wks along.  We discovered on u/s that the baby had stopped growing around 14 wks.

Do you think it's safe for me to relax???  I feel like the pregnancy is progressing nicely.  I am feeling movement at least every day.  I feel like it is "meant to be" so what is my problem?

I know your "reassurance" isn't a guarantee that everything is ok, but I would still love thoughts and/or opinions.  I know a lot of you have been in this same place. 

Thanks ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm 17 weeks and I'm feeling movement

• It all sounds great. But I know from experience how hard it is to relax. we worry from the time we start to TTC all the way through to delivery, and then we get to worry about new and even scarier things Wink

I think it's all part of being a mom. I, for one, plan to stop worrying when my dcs 1) turn 35, 2) are married or otherwise stable, and 3) have responsible roles in society.

If I were you, yes, I would take those as very good signs and try to relax. But I know that's easier said than done!

Baby sounds great, you look great, it's all good...

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • imageJulia-Henry:

It all sounds great. But I know from experience how hard it is to relax. we worry from the time we start to TTC all the way through to delivery, and then we get to worry about new and even scarier things Wink

I think it's all part of being a mom. I, for one, plan to stop worrying when my dcs 1) turn 35, 2) are married or otherwise stable, and 3) have responsible roles in society.

If I were you, yes, I would take those as very good signs and try to relax. But I know that's easier said than done!

Thanks!  I really appreciate that!! :)

• Loading the player...
  • imageJulia-Henry:

It all sounds great. But I know from experience how hard it is to relax. we worry from the time we start to TTC all the way through to delivery, and then we get to worry about new and even scarier things Wink

Thanks!  I really appreciate that!! :)

• I would definitely take movement as a great sign that things are just as they should be.  But I know how hard it is to not feel anxious - struggling with that every day myself. 

• Having a loss robs you of the pure bliss of pregnancy.  Having a loss so late in pregnancy must have been incredibly hard.  I think the only time you truly don't worry is when you are unaware / ignorant of the risks.  

I hope that passing the milestone of your previous loss eases your fears a little.  You won't feel out of the woods, I suspect, until you deliver.  

My loss was very early on, but I find myself reflecting on that pregnancy a lot these days.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Shannon, movement is a great assurance sign. I still worry everyday. It has lessened quite a bit the further along I get.

My advice is take it one day at a time. Time certainly does fly! Soon you will be in your 3rd tri and wonder how it all went by so fast!

• Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry about your loss years ago. I can truly say I know how you feel. It's hard to exhale but, you have to have faith Smile.

During our 20 wk ultrasound we found out Baby A died at 17wks. I have had guarded hope for our Baby B this entire pregnancy.

You keep doing what you're doing. Stay positive, take care of yourself and give that baby all your loving energy. Your LO will be just fine!

((HUGS!!))

Kari

• Im sorry that you had that loss 12 years ago.  I wish there was some majic words to say that could help you relax and enjoy your pregnancy.  Im sure that you know this but M/Cs are so much less common after the first trimester.  I think it is really really unlikely to have bad luck like that twice.

You look great!  And if the baby is moving I would take that as a good sign that she or he is growing and developing well. 

I feel this same anxiety every day.  I have my first U/S in 8 days and I am terrified! 

• Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words.  I'm so glad that I'm a part of this board. :)
  • I think feeling movement is wonderful. I understand the concern, but your pregnancy is going well and you look great. Just Big Smile
  • I started to relax a little at second trimester, but I didn't really get comfortable until after the 20-week ultrasound, complete with clean amnio result.  Heck, I still have complications going, and I still half-think something's going to go horribly wrong. 

I think you just need to trust that everything will be okay, and enjoy the moments you get.  :)

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"