Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Recommend Your Daycare

DS is 12.5 months old. Right now he goes to a small in home where there is just one other child 2 months younger than him. Its been pretty ideal because he's thrived in the small environment and some days he is a bit clingy, and going through separation anxiety, so the one-one interaction has been very important.

His sitter is moving in March (DS will be 18 months old) so we will have to find other child care for DS. Originally we talked about wanting another in home because DS does so good with the small environment, but now we are talking about possibly looking at centers too because of the dependability. Not that our sitter isn't dependable, because we absolutely love her, but there have been a few times we've had to scramble last minute to try and figure out other child care arrangements if she is sick, etc.

I just don't know how DS would do in a center type environment though. But, we're open to both center and another in home. So, please recommend your Harrisburg area daycare. We live in the Union Deposit area and I work on Front Street. TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend Your Daycare

• Options

Gunnar is thriving in a center environment.  He loves playing with all the other kids his own age.  In his center there are two 1 year old rooms so there are 20 kids that are around his age. 

I had to take him in to daycare on Monday and he was scrambling to get down and play with his friends, normally he is a little clingy, but he loves going to "school". 

I work on the Navy Base and Gunnar goes to the center on base so I'm really no help, but I definately think your DS will thrive in a center environment.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ours is in Mechanicsburg, so I can't really help there either, but the daycare at the Jewish Community Center is one of the best around. I've actually toured it when I volunteered for the United Way and it's excellent. Even if it's out of your price range, which it would be for me, it might be good to see what things to look for in a quality center.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We take our daughter to U-Gro. They have several centers ... I think one in Union Deposit but we go to the TecPort Center. It was just recently built so it has some newer features and the staff is FABULOUS. I really can't say enough wonderful things about the center and staff. You can schedule a tour by calling 561-1234
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"