Secondary IF
Options

Stupid swine flu

I don't know if it's being overhyped or if I should really be scared.  I've read several different articles about children and PG women dying from complications in the last couple of days.  I've been on the fence about vaccinating DD, but now I'm leaning towards it.  She's in daycare and catches every little virus that goes around.  What are you doing with your LO's? 
imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise

Re: Stupid swine flu

• Options
    I could have written the same thing.  I have no idea what I'm going to do.  My DD is just getting over pneumonia, so per her pedi we won't be able to do anything for at least a few weeks.
  • Options
    I'm leaning toward getting it for Emerson and myself.  I'm going to ask the RE about it tomorrow when I see him and I'll call the pedi on Monday and see what she says.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think we've had/have it 

One of the biggest indicators of it is fever and cough and we've had that as well as all 3 of us being very sick for a good week and not as sick (but still sick) for a couple weeks. We have not had it confirmed, but thats what we think it was.

As a healthcare employee I'm not sure about the H1N1 vaccine. We have heard nothing about it coming here for sure yet. I am getting the flu shot because I will be in SCN everyday and it's provided (optionally) for us. So I imagine if thats the case with the H1N1 down the road, I will prolly get it too. 

Now I just need to find out about this RSV vaccine I have heard about.. 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

We are not getting vaccinated. I was on the fence until our state announced the vaccine would have limited availability for thermesol free.

We are going to take the Vitamin route. Vitamin D and Cod Liver Oil every day for our entire family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I work for the gov't on swine flu issues (among other things).  Our whole family will be getting vaccinated.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker missed m/c 9/08 at 12 weeks missed m/c 1/09 at 8 weeks diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis 5/09 diagnosed MTHFR 5/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I plan on getting DS vaccinated.  He goes to a daycare center and picks up all kinds of germs.  The flu of any variety makes me nervous and I want to do anything that I can to keep him from getting it.  If I end up getting PG, I will also get it.
  • Options
    I am horribly on the fence.  Our pedi recommends it for DD, b/c she is in daycare and i am a teacher. I am afraid of unknown risks and not sure if there will even be enough in our area.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

We are not getting it. There are to many unknowns and to many risks. The swine flu has also most likely mutated since they started the vaccine so just like the regular flu vaccine there is no gaurentee it will protect you.

200,000 people die a year from the regular flu, I personally think a lot of people are forgetting that it is just as deadly.

Hoping-when I worked in heathcare (nursing home/hosp/er) RSV was mandatory.

• Options
    I don't think we'll get it.  I have never had a flu shot in my life.  DS did get the regular flu shot at his 2 yr appointment, but the dr didn't make it sound like we should come back in for swine flu unless we wanted to.  He and I are both home and most of the kids we are in contact with aren't in daycare.  However, I have been thinking about whether I ought to do it in the hopes that I get pg.  I am taking Vitamin D & fish oil in addition to PNV.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's all so confusing, and I don't know what to do. DS is in school now, so I afraid of all the germs circulating. We normally do the flu shot, and I asked our ped about the H1N1, and he advises to get it.
  • Options

I am pretty sure that we will all be getting it (unless i am pg by that time).  I have to go and get my flu shot this week (i think you have to have that a month before the swine).

I believe there is a clinical trial now being conducted  on pg. women but it won't be complete until Dec. so if you are pg. you may want to reconsider.

The strange thing about this flu is that it has been hitting the healthy population the hardest (those in the 20s and 30s) rather than the infants and elderly. 

I hate all the media hype about vaccines, the flu, etc.  It all gets blown out of proportion and the facts get blown out the window. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"