North Carolina Babies

WDYT: Half Bath Redo?

We finally redid our half bathroom with new pain, fixture, mirror and artwork. It is a tiny bathroom, but it was so gross when we moved in, and I hated it. DH does not like the color, it is called "Red Cent" and is more red than it shows in the photo. He says it doesn't go with my house. We have mostly browns, tans and a little deep red and deep green. WDYT??

Here are photos.

This is the website for my family, but the photos are the ones on the slide show, you can stop and click them to see them bigger. Before and after. I like it, but DH is being annoying!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WDYT: Half Bath Redo?

• I love it!!  It looks great!  I especially like the new mirror and the color is fab.  Good job.
  • i really like it! It added a lot of personality to a small and unexciting bathroom. I love the new mirror and faucet, that stuff makes a huge difference.

• Loading the player...
  • I love it!  but you've also seen the color of our guest bathroom which is very similar :).  I love the soap dispenser and kleenex box (where'd you get it if you dont mind me asking? :).

Are you done painting all your other rooms in the house or is it possible youd end up with more color in some of them?  It is different than the rest of your house but I think it looks very nice.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it looks great!! i hope you've got the locks figured out so Mrs M&M doesn't get stuck in there again...hehe
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageraceyrae:

I love it!  but you've also seen the color of our guest bathroom which is very similar :).  I love the soap dispenser and kleenex box (where'd you get it if you dont mind me asking? :).

Are you done painting all your other rooms in the house or is it possible youd end up with more color in some of them?  It is different than the rest of your house but I think it looks very nice.

We still have the dining room, and 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms to paint. Really, the thought of it makes me tired. I want to hire someone!! We are going to try to do the dining room in a sienna type color. I got the tissue box and soap dispenser at Target. I have a trash can that matches too.  I have my dining room set picked out, but it is expensive, so it is not in the budget right now!

• imagedbertagni:
    imageraceyrae:

I love it!  but you've also seen the color of our guest bathroom which is very similar :).  I love the soap dispenser and kleenex box (where'd you get it if you dont mind me asking? :).

We still have the dining room, and 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms to paint. Really, the thought of it makes me tired. I want to hire someone!! We are going to try to do the dining room in a sienna type color. I got the tissue box and soap dispenser at Target. I have a trash can that matches too.  I have my dining room set picked out, but it is expensive, so it is not in the budget right now!

Well, then he can't really complain about it yet! Stick out tongue  Tell him you're working out the color scheme for the rest of the house and this is just the start.  :)  We've painted some of the rooms in our house but some we hired the painter who originally painted our house to do the others (and we'll definitely need to hire him to do the living room -- no way we're climbing up on a later for that room).  He's pretty reasonably priced if you're interested in his #.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We hired someone to do all the open area and kitchen and upstairs hallway and he only charge $750!! He worked for my company doing paint and because it was our first house, he gave us a deal. We have painted our room, the bonus room (which is black and blue), Jocelyn's room, laundry room, half bath and hall closet. The house was SO trashed when we moved in. I am waiting until baby #2 before we do any more, so we know what to paint one of the rooms and bathroom upstairs. Ugg. DH wants to do everything himself. Boo.
  • I think it looks great!  It looks like a model home bathroom (that is a good thing).  It is good to mix it up a little and have some color in your house. 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i think it looks great!
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Look great! Everything in there is stuff I would pick out too. Love the color.
  • I think it looks great! It's an earthy tone, which I think should work fine with browns and deep reds. Great job!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I think it looks great.  How about that doorknob - - get that sucker checked out?  LOL!  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"