Upstate NY Babies
Options

Due in a week.. install the BundleMe?

I'm not sure what I should do... the weather is all over the place.  I am debating if I should put the BundleMe in the carseat yet, or wait to see how the weather is?  My friend gave me a really nice one last week so I am psyched to use it - I wish I had it for my first baby!

Re: Due in a week.. install the BundleMe?

• Options
    WAIT! DD was born at the end of february so we brought our carseat cover thing (not a bundle me just the kind that goes over top and zips up) to the hospital.. Well it was close to 60 degrees the day we brought her home!! We didn't even really need a blanket over her! If it is cold, you can just use a blanket.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    The weather has been so wacky lately, so the day you bring dc home from the hospital, it could be 70 degrees! I'd just keep it in the car with the carseat. That way, you have it if you need it. It takes 2 seconds to install.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree, wait.  It was snowing when I was admitted for my c-section, so we put the BundleMe lite on the car seat.  The day we brought her home it was sunny and almost 70!
  • Options
    I would hold off as you never know.  What is the BundleMe?  My son used the JJ Cole cover.  And I can't believe you're due in a week!!!!!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was going to ask about these.....we got one like it, not just the cover but the one that is under them too.

I have read nothing should be between baby and the seat....so why do they sell them if they make the seat less safe? The one we have looks so cozy, I want to use it!

To answer your ?......I would wait...you just never know what the dang weather will do! Your dh can always grab it and bring it to the hospital before you come home.

• Options
    imageJune4bride2be:

I have read nothing should be between baby and the seat....so why do they sell them if they make the seat less safe? The one we have looks so cozy, I want to use it!

Yeah, if you talk to any of the carseat experts/inspectors, they will tell you that the BundleMe is NOT safe and can compromise the safety of the baby in the event of an accident because you won't be able to get the straps in as tight.  We ended up returning ours and got one of the "shower cap" style covers that just goes over the seat, and sometimes even used a blanket in addition to that if it was really cold. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"