Breastfeeding

shift work and BF question

I go back to work a week from Friday =(I'm worried about my milk supply dipping. Several friends told me their supply dipped when they went back to work. I'm nervous about it because my schedule rotates.  I work mornings, evenings, and nights (7-3, 3-11, 5-1, 11-7). My schedule of nursing and pumping will not be regular at all. Also, some shifts it's hard to find time to eat a snack, let alone pump.Anyone have experience with this? The LC said to make sure I get in 7 nursing or pumping sessions in a 24 hour period and it should be ok. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: shift work and BF question

• I work nights 11p-7a & so far (it's week 3 back to work), my supply is fine. We had some bumps in the road the first week (DS wouldn't latch one day after a couple of days of bottles --lots of skin to skin & we're fine now), but my supply is doing fine so far. I'm an emergency department nurse, so I understand about busy shifts. I just split my lunch break in two & pump 2x per shift. I also pump before I go to work unless DS is up, then we nurse. It's hard, but possible. Keep hydrated, that's my hardest thing so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"