Adoption
Options

NAR: This hurt so much

On Saturday afternoon I was sitting outside and a friend of mine called and told me that an unidentified girl/woman had a baby and left it in a tied plastic bag on the beach under a bunch of trees. This really hurt so much because here I am and lots of other ladies too praying and hoping for a family and someone could leave a newborn in a plastic bag for dead on the beach. That made me cry so much. Maybe she was under pressure but women/girls have babies and leave them in the hospital all the time. She didn't have to leave that poor defenseless child for dead.

Re: NAR: This hurt so much

• Options

I understand how you're feeling. 

This is in our news, All-the-time. Not this exact thing, but a baby was in a dumpster, or a father beat the woman to death, or one that really killed me - a mom left her child in the car and the baby burned to death b/c the car was so hot. 

What's worse, is that family or friends will always call "did you hear about.." and then following it up with "you could've adopted that child.." I think that hurts even more, because it's another reminder.

• Options

We had 2 similar things happen a few weeks ago on the same day! I was heartbroken when I heard it on the news. It hurts so much to know there are so many of us out there that would LOVE to raise these babies and give them a good home and instead someone kills an innocent child because of their OWN regret/mistake/whatever. 

Lilmufish - I got that last week too. You could have adopted those babies. I know people mean well but that definitely makes it even worse!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my! It's always hard to hear about those situations. So sad ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"