Parenting after a Loss
Options

NE1 Block Feeding?

Did you do it due to oversupply?  If so, how long did it take before baby's stools returned to yellow?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NE1 Block Feeding?

• Options

What's block feeding? I assume it's when you nurse on one side if she nurses more than once in 2 hours and then switch. 

When I had an oversupply, I nursed M on one side only until that side was empty. So if she nursed at 7am & 9am she nursed on the right breast. Then at 11am & 1pm, she'd nurse on the left. M was a one breast meal until very recently.

Now that didn't work for me initially. I ended up having to pump a little bit before I nursed to ensure that M was getting enough hindmilk.

LLL's website was wonderful in helping me to correct the oversupply issues we were having. Kellymom's didn't help us much with that.  

• Options

I block fed DD but did it in 4 hour increments. Usually her poop was yellow after her 2nd feeding on that side. I hope that makes sense. It was quick and my supply regulated after a few weeks and she now just eats from one side at a time which I really like (no switching).HTH.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"