Trouble TTC
Options

Acupuncture

Has anyone had acupuncture for infertility, had success with it, or know someone who has done it?  We have unexplained infertility, 2 years trying on our own before knowing, 3 cycles of clomid and TI, 1 cycle of clomid with ovidrel for IUI and AF showed up today :(  My doctor suggested acupuncture in conjunction with our next cycle.  Any thoughts?

Re: Acupuncture

• Options
      i know some of the girls on SAL have had luck with it, try posting this over there. 
    • Options
      I haven't tried it myself, although I've thought about it with my coming up IVF. The ladies who used to frequent TTTC are now over on Infertility, so you may ask there. SAIF may have some feedback as well.
      imageimage

• Loading the player...
    • Options
      I've been doing acunpuncture since before IVF#1 (mid-July).  Unfortunately, it didn't work for IVF#1 but I'm still doing acunpuncture...I have a number of friends with fertility issues and they recommended acupuncture so I do believe it has benefits.
      5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Options

I used acupuncture and Clomid to get pregnant with this baby and while I believe the Clomid helped a great deal, I also believe the acupuncture contributed.

We TTC for 9 months after our loss in June 2008.  Started Clomid in March's cycle (50 mg).  BFN.

April cycle did 50mg of Clomid and two acupuncture appointments - BFP

I felt it was very calming for me and that I was doing everything I could to get pregnant. 

Good luck to you.  I found the book Tao of Fertiity to be a good read and it talks about acupuncture.

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
    • Options

I've being having acu for about 3 months now. I just finished 5 days of femara and will hopefully have b2b IUIs on the weekend or Sunday/Monday. I let you know if it works Wink

p.s., I really enjoy my weekly acu, it's really helped me with stress and anxeity which was a huge issue for me.

TTC since July 2007 a year on our own, 7 IUIs spread out over 2 years, all BFN IVF attempt #1 - September - antagonist protocol, called off CD8 due too poor response IVF attempt #2 - November - called off on CD11 due to low estrogen IVF attempt #3 - started stims Jan 25th...converted/cancelled Jan 31st...SWITCHED BACK TO IVF Feb 3rd! ER Feb 7th...lets DO this! ET Feb 12th, Beta #1 141, Beta #2 356, u/s #1 hb 141 bpm, u/s at 7 weeks 1 day no hb, missed m/c. So sad. IVF #4 scheduled for June 2011, last chance, this is it
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "