High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Any GD'ers eat cereal for breakfast? If I eat one more egg I will.......

EXPLODE! I cant even look at them this am....so far i have found eggs and low sugar oatmeal keep my sugars down but I am soooo sick of them! Anyone find any type of cold cereal that doesnt make their numbers crazy??

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any GD'ers eat cereal for breakfast? If I eat one more egg I will.......

• Options

No. Because for me milk is just as bad as cereal.

But you could try museli - which is raw oatmeal with cold milk on it. Add some nuts for flavor.

Another idea, not cereal but egg free - sausage and cheese biscuit. A regular size canned biscuit is 14g carbs.

- Jena
  • Options
    I've been eating cheerios! I think i'd get sick of eggs too, plus i don't have time in the morning to make them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love eggs but prefer them later in the day.  I eat untraditional breakfasts.  This morning I had a turkey and cheese wrap (whole wheat wrap- about 15 g of carbs)
  • Options

try having lunch type breakfast.

I'm pretty sick of eggs as well but i spice it up every day. this morning i had 2 eggs/cheese on whole grain english muffin. 

Sometimes i have 2 eggs/cheese/onions/peppers on a whole wheat wrap (and soft of pick of most of the wrap (full wrap gives me high #'s, but if i pick some of it off they are significantly lower)

Sometimes i have oatmeal w/ half of banana and sometimes i just have a banana. 

Good luck

• Options
    i've had cheerios for dinner and it was fine...you just have to be sure to measure the cereal and milk so you don't get too many carbs....also add a little protein.  for breakfast, instead of eggs or egg beaters, I will have a whole wheat english muffin with a morningstar veggie sausage patty, or 2pc whole wheat toast with peanut butter.
  • Options
    I too HATE eggs and I was told not to eat cold cereal for breakfast :( I miss it. I have been having oat bran hot cereal ( 1 cup prepared is only 24 carbs, and on mornings when I am super hungry I make more) ?with fruit or a smoothie most mornings. The smoothies seem to keep me full for the longest. I usually include 1 cup of plain yogurt, peanut butter, berries of some sort, one packet of splenda with a little skim milk & ice, .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The South Beach Diet Cereal Bars work great for me!.. and there are a bunch of different flavors... not cereal exactly but 100 times better than eggs everyday!!
  • Options

I was told no juice, fruit, dairy, nor cereal.

That said, like PP (and maybe OP?) I have had the LS oatmeal with about 1c milk and done just fine.

Suggestions they gave me: carb + protein. Egg McMuffin type sandwich (I know it includes egg, but to me this would be way different than scrambled eggs, for example,) toast or english muffin with peanut butter, I've done LC bagels with cream cheese, and as others said don't feel like you have to eat breakfast sandwiches. Grilled cheese with ham = yum!!

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cereal and milk is my usual breakfast but my numbers have been higher (150s). I have tried lessen the amount of milk and cereal - and I measure and sometimes it is better. It just seems I don't handle carbs as well in the morning.

I am going to start making egg cheese breakfast burritos. In the past I would cook a few scrambled eggs and put them in the fridge and just prep and mircowave in the morning. I don't have time to cook eggs every morning.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I dont know if this will help. I am type 1, and I take insulin.

I eat cereal EVERY SINGLE MORNING for breakfast. My cereal insulin:carb ratio is 1:1.3, whereas my lunch and dinner ratio is 1:3.5... So, I'm sure the cereal is no good, but my sugars stay under control with the increased insulin.

Yes, I eat cereal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Eggs make me sick so I don't eat this and Oatmeal makes my #'s crazy. I usually have toast with PB and cheese for breakfast. I wish I could have cereal sadly I can not... the milk is the worst for my #'s.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options

I  had ok numbers with cereal (cheerios) when i added a little bit of protein powder  and ground flax to the milk.  Unfortunately the serving was small and i was hungry and waiting to take my bs so i could have a snack.

I too like sandwiches or leftover dinner.  This morning was grilled cheese with egg white and a 1/3 cup tomato soup. 

• Options
    Just to add, I was told 30g for breakfast - if I have more than 45g my numbers go whack-a-do...
    ~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"