Preemies
Options

Invitation Wording

Carter's baptism is October 18th and I am working on invitations.  I am trying to find a way to NICELY word that, due to Carter's weaker immune system, if you are AT ALL sick, please do not come. 

Any suggestions?

(Yes, I know many of you wouldn't even take the chance with having a get together or Baptism at this point in time....but he hasn't had ANY issues besides needing to grow and eat at birth, and our families have so far been great about staying away if not completely healthy..so we're going to do it) 

Re: Invitation Wording

• Options

Due to Carter's early arrival we request the presence of only healthy friends and family members.

does that sound ok?

• Options

I would kindly word it at the bottom... due to the fragile nature of our sons premature birth we ask that if you are sick, have been sick recently, or suspect you are coming down with something that you do not attend.

I also would only invite a few close friends and family who are understanding of the circumstances.  Those who are not will probably be offended.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks everyone! Yes, we are limiting the guest list. 

We decided to word it as coming from Carter right below his picture...something like:

"As a preemie I have an underdeveloped immune system, so if you are not completely healthy, please come see me at another time.  Love, Carter"

• Options
    imagejkipp82:

Thanks everyone! Yes, we are limiting the guest list. 

We decided to word it as coming from Carter right below his picture...something like:

"As a preemie I have an underdeveloped immune system, so if you are not completely healthy, please come see me at another time.  Love, Carter"

That sounds perfect!  We had a dedication ceremony for DD and invited only family and some close friends.  One of my sisters opted out due to feeling like a cold was coming on.  I'm so thankful for common sense!

• Options
    I think what you wrote sounds fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"