High-Risk Pregnancy

SO TIRED OF LOW BLOOD SUGARS!!!

Arg. It's so hard to be a 'stable' type 1 diabetic. I am so tired of eating, so tired of low blood sugars. Less than 1 hr ago, my level was 126, which is fine. Now, it dropped to 45. ARG!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
imageimage
imageimage

Re: SO TIRED OF LOW BLOOD SUGARS!!!

• I'm so sorry.  I know not being pregnant and a type 1 diabetic can be frustrating... but I can only imagine what it will be like being pregnant.  Hang in there :)
  • Too bad you weren't closer, lol, we could rub off on eachother - I am running too high! My A1C jumped from 5.4% last month to 6.5% today. Grr!! Welcome to 3rd tri...

What do you use for meds? MDI or pump? Sounds like maybe your basal at that time is too high... Are PM's consistently an issue for you? Hang in there mama!!

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemeghann0409:

Too bad you weren't closer, lol, we could rub off on eachother - I am running too high! My A1C jumped from 5.4% last month to 6.5% today. Grr!! Welcome to 3rd tri...

What do you use for meds? MDI or pump? Sounds like maybe your basal at that time is too high... Are PM's consistently an issue for you? Hang in there mama!!

The crazy thing is that over my pregnancy, my A1C has went from 7.1% to 8.7% last month. I got another one done last week, and I'll find out tomorrow what it was. Hopefully better than 8.7%!!!

But since I've been working really hard to keep the sugars under control, they are good for the 2 hrs after a meal, but if I dont have a snack every 2 hrs, they plummet, like they just did. :S

I use self injections, not a pump, and am on a long acting and a short acting insulin. I dont think it's the insulin levels, I think it's just that I cant go even 30 minutes longer than eating every 2 hrs. LIke, if I wait 2.5 hrs or 3 hrs, I plummet. :S

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Could be your basal/long acting, but it's so much harder to tweak that just for 1 time of day when you're having lows.

Snacking gets old, lol. Do you have to snack overnight to stay in range? When do you see your endo next? It seems odd to me that your A1C is 8.7% but you're still having lows, ya know?

GL - I hope they get you "fixed" up soon!! The ups and downs SUCK so bad...

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, the thing is that I was having a lot of highs before the 8.7. The lows have been in the last couple weeks (after the 8.7) since I've been on a much stricter diet and insulin and testing schedule. My next endo appointment is tomorrow, which is good.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • True true, will be interesting to see what they say! GL!
  • Ok wait I am confused now... I thought the A1C measured overall fluctuations in sugar, not just the highs. ?Am I wrong?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLovinTim912:
    Ok wait I am confused now... I thought the A1C measured overall fluctuations in sugar, not just the highs.  Am I wrong?

No, you are right, it measures the overall fluctuations. But because I was having a lot more highs than I should, the number was higher than I'd like it to be.

imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"