High-Risk Pregnancy

GD mommas

I was wondering if any of you have asked your Dr.s if they were going to allow you to eat/snack during labor? I know that if I go more than 2 hrs without eating I get really weak and feel super sick since I eat so little. This would not really work for labor and pushing baby out. I keep forgetting to ask my dr so I was wondering what you girls are doing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: GD mommas

• During my delivery with my daughter they wouldn't let me have anything beside popsicles!  It was terrible.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My hospital doesn't allow any food, just water and ice chips.  If they have to go an emergency c-section or other surgery, you can't have anything in your system.
    Birthday Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not asked my OB, but I was asking a nurse during my hospital tour about their rules and policies and such... they tend to like to hook everybody up to glucose in their IV. I'm assuming if you're GD they'll be watching your blood glucose levels and adjusting the glucose they pump in your arm.
    - Jena
  • my hospital does not allow to snack at all except for chopped ice (yumm).

Main reason is that if you have a c-section you are not suppose to have anything in your stomach, if you do -you may puke -which is a problem. 

My doc told me to eat right before i get to the hospital. 

good luck

• I think at my hospital they will put sugar solution in the IV if you need it.  No eating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was allowed to eat during the early stages of labor but once the pitocin started, I was allowed juice (orange, apple, cranberry) & water. The juice really helped and it tasted amazing after so long without it!
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • imagejen5/03:
    I have not asked my OB, but I was asking a nurse during my hospital tour about their rules and policies and such... they tend to like to hook everybody up to glucose in their IV. I'm assuming if you're GD they'll be watching your blood glucose levels and adjusting the glucose they pump in your arm.

Just to clarify, if you are high BS in the hospital you get insulin. They are not likely to back off of the glucose, as this is your only form of energy and nutrients while you labor.

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"