Indiana Babies
Options

CD Rookie Questoin

In preparation for my in home demo with Toasty Baby tomorrow night...

What are the advantages to using the new Flip or G diapers vs. a fitted or prefold/cover or a AIO/Pocket?  

Could the covers that come with the Flip/G be used with a fitted/prefold?  Could you use a prefold with the Flip/G Systems as an extra absorbency layer?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't figure it out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: CD Rookie Questoin

• Options

gDiapers (IMO) are crap.  The liner isn't contoured and so I just think there's way too much room for error.  We had lots of leaks with them and were not pleased at all.  You can use the covers with prefolds for sure and they work reasonably well for that.  I would not double up a prefold with a gDiaper insert though since they are two totally different things and any actual piece of a cloth diaper is going to be more absorbent than the gDipe insert.  It would be like putting a prefold inside of a regular disposable diaper.

As a side note, a reason some people chose to use cloth is because they feel the chemicals used to make diapers absorbent (the gel you find inside them if you take one apart) could potentially be harmful to the baby.  gDiapers use this same gel so while gDs are better for the environment than traditional sposies, they don't adresss the health issue.

You could use the covers of the Flip system with a prefold or fitted.  Essentially the Flip is the BG 3.0 pocket, minus the pocket.  My biggest problem with them from what I've seen is that you are never supposed to put microfiber against a baby's skin; it's really drying and can cause nasty rashes.  The insert only has a suede lining on one side, so you'll have to always check to make sure you're putting the safe side against the baby.  It's just one thing extra to have to remember or to tell others.

• Options
    Thanks...I was afraid I was missing something real obvious!  I like the idea of fitteds with seperate covers but I also like the idea of not having to change sizes as Ryan grows (i.e. with a BG, etc.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some fitteds are actually "one size", or at least fit for a loooong time. Goodmamas are an example, or Piddle Poddles (which also have an AI2). So you could potentially get the best of both worlds!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"