Secondary IF

Help with Clomid...

I took Clomid my first pregnancy, and ovulated like clockwork when I did.  Now that we are trying for #2 I took Clomid again, this time cycle days 3-7 and now on CD 18 I have still yet to ovulate!!!

Has anyone else taken clomid on their frist pregnancy and are now having very different reactions to it on the second pregnancy??  I am wondering if there is still a chance to ovulate late this cycle b/c I've read you should ovulate within 12 days of your last pill which is tomorrow for me and my opk's aren't showing any signs of being positive soon!

Share your experiences please!!

Re: Help with Clomid...

• I took it Days 3-7 and didn't O until CD20.  Good luck!!
  • imagetiniestjohnson:
    I took it Days 3-7 and didn't O until CD20.  Good luck!!

thanks!!  did you end up pregnant that cycle? :)

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! Looks like I'm reading my own story in your post. 

My first round of Clomid did not work; so currently I'm waiting for AF to arrive to start the 2nd round of Clomid.  My dr did warn me that the 2nd time it may take longer than the 1st time I used it, so we'll see...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers TTC # 2 w/ PCOS since January 2010...BFP 12/31/11!! EDD 09/11/12 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • so weird.....my cycles have been longer and unpredictable since my lo was born - have yours??  however, my doctor thought that the clomid would "regulate" my cycles and make them more predictable.  doesnt look like that is happening. : /

so did you not ovulate at all on your first round?  did they up you to 100mg?

• I didn't ovulate until day 21 with clomid. Actually it varied every single cycle but ranged from days 14-19 with trying with pregnancy #1 and then days 18-22 with #2. Don't give up hope for the cycle yet.?
  • imageaxr8111:
    I didn't ovulate until day 21 with clomid. Actually it varied every single cycle but ranged from days 14-19 with trying with pregnancy #1 and then days 18-22 with #2. Don't give up hope for the cycle yet.
      thanks, hopefully i will just ovulate late also!!
  • imageKelly415:

so weird.....my cycles have been longer and unpredictable since my lo was born - have yours??  however, my doctor thought that the clomid would "regulate" my cycles and make them more predictable.  doesnt look like that is happening. : /

Yes they have been but I was BF.  I don't think I did O with this cycle (at least before I did the b/w to check my progesterone levels (around CD21)).  The Dr did double up the dose to 100 mg this time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers TTC # 2 w/ PCOS since January 2010...BFP 12/31/11!! EDD 09/11/12 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageKelly415:

so weird.....my cycles have been longer and unpredictable since my lo was born - have yours??  however, my doctor thought that the clomid would "regulate" my cycles and make them more predictable.  doesnt look like that is happening. : /

Yes they have been but I was BF.  I don't think I did O with this cycle (at least before I did the b/w to check my progesterone levels (around CD21)).  The Dr did double up the dose to 100 mg this time.

• With Harmon it took 2 cycles and I o'd on Day 15 (both times).  I was on 100 mg and I had horrendous side effects.

This time it took 5 cycles and I o'd on day 21 (only on cycle's 4 and 5... rest were a bust for o'ing).   I was on 150 mg finally when I got pregnant and the side effects were less intense.

Oh and I got twins this time Wink  GL!!!!  This cycle and welcome to the board.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • image*francisca*:

With Harmon it took 2 cycles and I o'd on Day 15 (both times).  I was on 100 mg and I had horrendous side effects.

This time it took 5 cycles and I o'd on day 21 (only on cycle's 4 and 5... rest were a bust for o'ing).   I was on 150 mg finally when I got pregnant and the side effects were less intense.

Oh and I got twins this time Wink  GL!!!!  This cycle and welcome to the board.

thanks and congrats!!!!!!

• i am opposite!! for ttc1, o like clockwork, took 50mg for days 3-7.

now for ttc2, i think i'm O earlier. like on day 9 vs 14. not sure, maybe it's just the opk.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"