Baby Showers
Options

OOT sister in law?

I'm having a shower thrown for me and I'm trying to gather my list of guests for the host. I am torn about inviting me sister in law and niece. They live in CO and the shower is in PA. DH has already talked to her to see if she will be coming back to PA for Christmas (my shower is the weekend after Christmas) and she said she won't be. Do I still send an invite just to include her or in case her plans change or do I not even bother sending one to them?

TIA girls!

Re: OOT sister in law?

• Options
    SIL is a close enough family member that I would say "yes", but your DH knows her best - would she want to be invited?  Will she be annoyed to be invited when she's already said she won't be in town?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    "He doesn't know" uhhh!!! Men!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMam21282:
    "He doesn't know" uhhh!!! Men!!!!
    Send her one, then.  Maybe ask whoever is actually sending them if you can stick in a personal note and just write something that says "I realize you won't be in town, but I didnt' want to NOT invite you as you will be an aunt.  Please know that I fully realize and understand you probably won't be there!".

Dont' say anything about "don't send a gift" or anything like that. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    That sounds like a good idea. By the way, your little guy is adorable!
  • Options
    I would definitely say yes, it's always nice to have an invite, even if you can't go.
  • Options

I think it would be nice to send her an invite with a personal note explaining that you wanted her to feel included, but do not expect her to fly out for it.

It's not the same, but I was invited to a bridal shower in TX (I live in NJ) the week before my wedding.  The hostess included a note like that and I thought it was really nice.  I was glad that I got invited even though everyone knew I could never make it.

My shower hostesses plan on inviting the same girl with the same type of note to my baby shower in the beginning of Dec.

• Options
    I say yes.  :)
  • Options
    I did not send my SIL that lives out of state an invite since I knew she would not be coming.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"