Oregon Babies

Are you getting the H1N1 vaccine?

I plan on talking with my doctor when I go next month, but I do work with teens and wonder if I should get the shot because of my contact with these kids, who have contact with a thousand other kids at school. What do you guys plan to do?

Re: Are you getting the H1N1 vaccine?

• imageRochelle&Matt:
    I plan on talking with my doctor when I go next month, but I do work with teens and wonder if I should get the shot because of my contact with these kids, who have contact with a thousand other kids at school. What do you guys plan to do?

After my husband got H1N1, I really didn't want to bother with the shot, since I didn't get it... But when I talked to my OB last week, he was pretty adamant that I WOULD be getting it.  He said the benefits far outweigh any possible "risk" and now that it's been approved by the FDA, I do feel a bit better about it... Especially since I have asthma, if I were to get the flu, it could turn ugly.. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I don't like the idea that testing on Pregnant women just started a couple weeks ago and there is no proof of it not having fetal affects!
  • Loading the player...
  • I still don't know.  I'm going to talk with my doctor about it when I go in next month.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
                                       Our third addition is on their way!
  • I won't be getting the H1N1 shots, neither witll DH or the baby.  I don't feel that it's been tested enough.  We won't be getting a regular flu shot either, but DH might.

Talk to your Dr and see what they say Party!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes. I get my flu shot every year. The H1N1 shot is the same as the seasonal flu shot, but with a different variant - just like how the seasonal flu vaccine is a different variant every year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The H1N1 doesn't come out until right around my due date. I got a regular flue shot yesterday ($20 at costco if your insurance won't cover it at your regular clinic, etc.), which is not the same as the seasonal flu shot. My OB says if it gets here before the baby does, I should get it.
  • What peachypear said. I will be getting it as it is just like the seasonal flu shot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"