South Florida Babies

Question about 10 month old not wanting water...

Hi ladies,

Everyone here has been so helpful in the past, I'm hoping someone can help me with a little problem I'm having with DS.

His doctor told me to have him drink water every day and I've tried and he absolutely hates it. I will give him a sippy cup with his milk or juice and he drinks it all up, but the second I put water in his bottle or sippy he refuses to drink it. He actually throws it on the ground. Has anyone had this problem before? I've tried giving him the water at room temperature and I've also tried giving it to him cold and he doesn't like it either way. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA

Re: Question about 10 month old not wanting water...

• I have 2 suggestions, the first you might not like. Put a splash of fruit juice in the water. Doesn't have to be much, just a splash will do. It'll give some taste to the water and won't be too bad since you aren't giving just straight juice. Another option is to put an ice cube in the cup. For some reason when we put ice cubes into Mikey's cups he tends to drink more, probably because of the noise he makes drinking.
  • Zoe also likes it with ice. just play around the with temperature, and if all else fails you can do the juice thing like Sam recommended.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, I will have to try giving him the water with a splash of juice. I've tried giving him the water with ice but he never wants it. I didn't try the splash of juice, because I figured it defeated the purpose because he would always want the water with juice. I guess that's better than him not drinking it at all so I'll try that and hope it works. Thanks again for the suggestions.
  • imageFSUSammy:
    I have 2 suggestions, the first you might not like. Put a splash of fruit juice in the water. Doesn't have to be much, just a splash will do. It'll give some taste to the water and won't be too bad since you aren't giving just straight juice. Another option is to put an ice cube in the cup. For some reason when we put ice cubes into Mikey's cups he tends to drink more, probably because of the noise he makes drinking.

exactly this!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • To give you a bit of hope that he won't necessarily ALWAYS want juice....when Mikey was younger he didn't care for water either so I'd give him diluted juice. Now I can give him a sippy cup of water or juice and he'll drink them both the same. Sometimes he'll ask me for juice and I'll give him water instead and he'll still drink it. When he's thirsty he'll drink!
  • That does give me hope, I will definitely try it out and see if he'll drink it that way. Thanks again for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"