Attachment Parenting

XP: Bed Sharers

What do you do when you get sick?

I have a cold and am worried about breathing on DS all night. DH is too deep of a sleeper to cuddle with him at night. Do I sleep with a mask? I imagine germs would still get on DS, not to mention the discomfort for me!

Re: XP: Bed Sharers

• You've already breathed on and gotten all the possible germs all over DS...but what's great about bed sharing is that you're nursing as much as possible at night and that is passing on all the anti-bodies to keep baby as healthy as possible.  DS will probably not get sick and if he does, it will be way more mellow than what you have.
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • I still share the bed with him.  I figure, I'm with him all day long so he's been around my germs.  I also bf, there is some immunity there then too.  I wouldn't worry about a mask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Unless I'm sick to the point where I feel I could be a danger while sleeping to DD, or taking medication that knocks me out, we continue to bedshare.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you!
  • imageIselaCid:
    You've already breathed on and gotten all the possible germs all over DS...but what's great about bed sharing is that you're nursing as much as possible at night and that is passing on all the anti-bodies to keep baby as healthy as possible.  DS will probably not get sick and if he does, it will be way more mellow than what you have.

This exactly. DS caught my cold when he was younger, but his case was very mild compared to mine.

• I just got over a cold and DS slept with me the whole time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"