Special Needs
Options

All are different but when did your PPD chilld start talking?

I know that every child's development and characteristics of PDD are different but Jack doesn't talk - he does babble somedays, has a few signs but gets them mixed up/at times doesn't really understand the meaning and sounds like he might be trying to say ball. Other than that not a single word.

He's 26 months old, gets 2 hours of Speech, 1 Hour OT & 13 of ABA.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a similar case.

DH and I are having a really hard time with this...I'm sure many of you have been there. I just wish we knew what the prognosis will be for Jack.

Thanks!!

Re: All are different but when did your PPD chilld start talking?

• Options

DD turned two in September and in the last few months, she's begun using words more meaningfully... still a long way off from her peers, but I'm seeing progress and I'm happy as long as there's progress. It's hard to not get caught up in what other kids are/aren't doing, but like you said, every kid's development and characteristics are different... comparing them is just going to drive yourself crazy.

Do you see improvements in DS since beginning his therapies? That's the most important piece, I think, because nobody knows how much potential he holds... but so long as he's moving forward, the possibilities are endless! 

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garrett
    image7_0002 A ~ 2.7.06 S ~ 9.2.07
  • Options

My nephew has PDD and he turned 3 in July. He's been doing speech and OT since he was 18 months old..He just started integrated preschool this fall. Just recently he has started saying a few words... They aren't all together clear but clear enough that a stranger knows what he means. It's been pretty much some babbling until this summer. The preschool has made a big difference and he's only been going a few weeks. I know my sister and brother in-law have gone through and continue to go through times that they have been very frustrated. HTH

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My 2.5 year old son was recently dx with PDD NOS and has developed language typically until he hit 2ish. He was saying single words starting at 7 months (dada) and was putting 2-3 words together at 1.5. He is great at labeling and his vocab is pretty good.

He has language although he is echolalic (used is meaningful ways). There is hardly any spontaneous speech or to-and-fro convo, although we've been having breakthroughs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"