Trouble TTC
Options

Introduction...and question(sorry it is long)

Hi. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am a 30 year old female...been married for about 5 years. We have only been on this journey for about 7 months (which I know is a short time) but we have been told by doctors that this could be a longer journey that originally expected. Dh has VERY low testosterone. His initial count before beginning treatment was on the low side of normal (I believe 40 million). Despite our questions about how it would affect his fertility and the doctor reassuring us that his sperm count might drop some, but not enough to affect our chances, his latest SA after being on this medication resulted in zero sperm. Dh is now off the medication and has to go back in 3 months to see if his sperm count returns to normal. I am not sure how long this will take. He has an appointment with an endocrinologist in December and we are hoping that the endocrinologist can get to the bottom of why his testosterone is low and what we can do about it while we TTC. 

My cycles are still a bit weird after being on the nuvaring, but I know that it can just take awhile for things to work out...and if my cycles haven't regulated in a year, then I was told to go back to my GYN and see what we can do.

Anyway, I know that we are really not that far into this journey and that some of you have been dealing with this a lot longer...I totally respect each and every one of you. I am sure that everything you have gone through has made our small journey feel like a walk in the park. 

I guess my question to you is how to help hubby deal with this. He is devistated after last night's appointment. I told him it is temporary...and that maybe within the 3 months time, things will improve with his sperm count and that the endocrinologist is going to start getting to the bottom of things in December. I keep telling him that medicine has a lot of options now when it comes to fertility and so I am sure that even if we can't do this naturally (which we don't know yet), that there is something that can be done with medications, procedures, etc. Is there anything else I can do to help him deal with this? I am trying so hard to be hopeful, but I have to admit after last night's appointment I did want to cry. I just wouldn't allow myself to give in. I know that I have to be the optimistic one right now...

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
image"Lilypie">

Re: Introduction...and question(sorry it is long)

• Options

I want to suggest that you ask this question of the ladies on the Infertility board.  There are quite a few there who have MFI (male factor infertility) and they have a LOT of experience and are a wonderful support.

(((hugs)))  My SIL and her DH are going through something similar (actually almost identical) right now, and I know how hard it is for her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"